Not open for further replies.

AubreyTheBard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@bgillisp I tried to play the game, unfortunately a crash happened so I couldn't play much ( @AubreyTheBard I left a comment on your game's page with a screenshot of the error, hopefully you can fix it).

Ohhhh shoot. -.-; I uploaded a different deployment than I thought I had. Yeah, that one pretty much doesn't work period.

I'll see if I can appeal to the contest runners to let me replace that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: @hiddenone and anyone else it interests, here's a working version of Final Fancy hosted on my personal webspace. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

readydotexe

Low class wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi I'm also want to be on this train, soon I'll be starting my reviews once I get out of college ;_;
https://readydotexe.itch.io/event-horizon-murder-case-
My game is a visual novel about a murder case that involves an AI, it's pretty short, and I'm aware it's very lacking in certain parts but I want honests reviews so that:

-I can make an update to fix most errors or even adding mechanics that I didn't had time to do
-To actually "git gud" at making games

I love this trhead since I think I sometimes enjoy more game reviews than games themselves, so I want to achieve the goal of making a review of all the games of IGMC before the year finishes

motta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to participate. Nobody's downloaded my game yet. I realize the game title is pretty uninspired, but don't let that deter you!

You can find my game Spooked here at this link: in https://criggs.itch.io/spooked
I played and commented on your game's page, i loved it but it keeps crashing, i will look forward playing the full game when you fix it! Good Job.

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey @Zelgadis85, thanks for your kind words in your review, never feel ashamed since you're doing something you love and believe :kaoluv:, I'll reciprocate your generosity in my review as soon as I get some time to play your game.

Thank you, @luizcubas! However, I insist you to be honest over generous, as I consider ever harsh reviews (if they're valid) good ones, as I know on what parts of my game I should concentrate on improving. I am not sure if I make an updated version of this game after the contest ends, but who knows.

I would like to thank @AubreyTheBard for giving me a detailed review. Thank you, I really appreciate the effort, and will check out your game soon. I will probably download the fixed version off the link you provided and send you a review by either your game page (as not to clutter the submission / entry page for IGMC17) or by PM on these forums. Stay tuned! :kaopride:Update: I did decide to leave the review on the entry page after all, but I included the fact that I had played the updated version. I hope that's alright with you.

Last edited:

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just did mine, @bgillisp if you have room for anymore rounds, I'm in. It wasn't my kind of thing, so I would have never tried it out, but that would have been my loss, The Legend of Protey was really fun and well put together. Definitely recommend.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been/will be directly contacting several developers on projects I had a personal interest in, but I'll take a shot at reviewing randomly selected project as well. Match me up with anything except:

- Golden Pearl
- Within Shadow
- Project HEAVEN'S DOOR
- Unsung Heroes
- Abyssal Shine: Nevermelt

Thanks for arranging this @bgillisp !

EDIT: Forgot to include link to my own project Monstruct! https://hadecynn.itch.io/monstruct

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And now time for Round C.

The other two of you are in the system for Group D, once we have enough.

For those who only posted that they were done, I didn't put you in the pool as you didn't state you wished to go again. Remember to let me know if you want to go again in another round please.

Dezue

Funky Sexy Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wooo, I got Dear Edwin
76vHqMk.png

@Gabrelik Please DO NOT bribe me with candy! I repeat, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES bribe me with sweet, sweet candy! Especially not with Carambar Caramel bars!

@Jesse - PVGames Have fun with Quidget and don't be too mean to Beatrize
OEREtNv.png

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp Thanks! I'll get to it. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

@Dezue I would most certainly never do anything of the sort...*slides several candybars into Dezue's waistband.*
Actually looking forward to checking out your project, too!

Dezue

Funky Sexy Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gabrelik Wha... what are those candybars doing here?
lLpdZvU.png

Mhmmm, tasty! On a completely unrelated note, I wonder how Dear Edwin tastes plays...

Seriously, though: I'm looking forward to playing it and I'll try my best to make a review that's interesting to read and helpful to your team as well

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Review of Heroes of Valcarta complete (and not a glowing one, I'm afraid).

I am willing to go for another round: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/190677

And now time for Round C.

The other two of you are in the system for Group D, once we have enough.

For those who only posted that they were done, I didn't put you in the pool as you didn't state you wished to go again. Remember to let me know if you want to go again in another round please.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Should probably put this here, almost forgot.
Unsung heroes by @Jesse - PVGames / Secret Santa Feedback
Preface by saying I've never been a fan of this particular graphic style, but it was made much worse by the rather clunky way users mapped with the tile packs. Here as it is all parallaxed quite well that was much less of an issue. Not my style, but not bad.
To make things worse, this game is not my type :kaocry: I'm largely a nerd for characters over gameplay, and high "serious" fantasy tied up in politics is outside my interest :kaomad2: So it was a pretty bad combo to come at me, is what I'm saying.
Game, for what it was (I assume) TRYING to be, was perfectly fine. I ran into no glitches. I did't hate or love the game, and if this WAS my sort of game i'd have probably enjoyed it a lot.
A few of the things I CAN be objective on feedback is some of the design choices (or the engine defaults) that got in the way or that I liked. Just take it as a list of things than could be improved to smooth out aspects of the game, maybe ><
  • Having a big especilized rooster is nice, but having the main character take up a slot by force is annoying (and he didn't feel all that good in any aspect, which made it all the more frustrating).
  • Having few skills to choose from right in the menu is cool, but since everyone's default attack is another skill, why not give them custom names? I could not keep up with whose attack did what at all.
  • Not having icons visible on the battle menu got confusing. In the general menu are there and serve their purpose: to tell me at a glance if it's a regular attack/buff/heal etc. Not having it at the battle menu coupled with so many characters just meant I had to highlight each one to revise what each was every time.
  • The parallaxed mapping was pretty good. I'm not a parallaxer so I can't tell to what degree what's custom or not, but they were effective and expansive with only a few crinks in towns around the edges or objects.
  • While I understand the point of the game was to synergize party members, and I was not in any way playing in a big strategic way, it felt like a lot of skills relied on exploiting states that were more or less unique to 1-2 characters, and there is no way I can remember who has what, especially since...
  • The characters just blur together since they don't have a big presence. The only ones I could recognize quickly were the AOE attackers, and that was simply because they make fights go faster (and I'm a non-strategic idiot).
  • Having a small blurb of some kind when describing characters (such as a bio profile in the menu) with a small summary of wat the character does would work wonders.
  • The cooldowns are rather overdone. Since the characters have 3 active skills tops and outside their regular attacks all of them seem to have usually 4 turn cooldowns, it means theres no real strategy ivolved. No Mp, long cooldowns, it all boils down to using what I have available, since there's no choosing and all other skills will be in cooldown anyway. I'd either reduce cooldowns or replace them with a MP+lesser cooldown system. Even better, I'd recommend weeding and merging some characters, because some, like the tank lady, did not feel like they were worth a slot even as their role.
  • The high numbers are very hard to gauge. It's a nitpick, but it's hard to tell at a glance if the number is high or low when it's all in the thousands. Lowering it to be around the hundreds would help a lot. Same with the actor stats. They're all so high and no one goes below 300 in anything, it's difficult to know who's actually got high stats. Deflating them a bit would be nice.
  • If the game gets a face-lift I'd suggest going over the icons. They don't mesh well with the game's graphic style and in the menu everything is made huge and pixellated.
  • I could somewhat follow the story (which is nice, I'm a dumb idiot when it comes to political inclined plots) and there were nice moments here and there, but overall the game could do with less stiff moments and more of the prolog, or when the bad guy is talking about the customs of his people. The rest of the game felt very impersonal and the characters felt like they barely were there. I know it's not the point of the game, but maybe they could get a tad more involved? At least the main character. I had absolutely no opinion of him or knew anything about him.
Man this is such a grillfest. I'M SORRY THIS JUST ISNT FOR ME :kaodes: It's a well done entry on it's own but it's mismatched on me OTL
Video evidence:

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dezue - Loved your little game! I put my thoughts on the IGMC page, but I would recommend Quidget to anyone looking for a very funny, polished, and short game to play!

motta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already played and reviewed Event Horizon Murder Case on the game's submission page, very fun game for the fans of investigation games.
Also, i would like to participate in the next round!
Lucie link: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/191317

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@motta : You have? Want to just pick a round C game and give them another review then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetme