The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Golden Pearl is said to be able to grant the wish of any who touch it, but none that have sought it out have ever returned. Will you suffer the same fate?

In this open world you will find tools, items, and dungeons in whatever order you desire. Pick a direction and head out! How fast can you find everything needed to reach the end?

This game saves automatically every time you enter or exit a cave, dungeon, building, etc. So there's no need to worry about losing your progress if you're forgetful! The game still allows for manual saving if you need to stop or want to respawn mid-dungeon.

Secrets abound! Be sure to burn trees, blow up walls, and check under bushes!

Download: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/187600

I'm putting my game here because everyone else is doing it. Peer pressure away!
Please mention any bugs you find on the games itch.io page or message me about it.

Remember if you like the game and want to see it improved, consider donating!
even if only 10 people donated $1 each it'd help so much in getting help towards improving the game.

V. 1.01

-Falling in pits has been REMOVED. You can no longer fall in holes. This will make the game easier, but also less frustrating. I doubt anyone will miss it.

- Autosave has been temporarily removed. Until I can get an autosave script written that allows for multiple save slots and doesn't conflict with my entire system,
this feature is being disabled. Remember to save often in the meantime.

-The Water Temple boss room should no longer let you jump on the walls.

-Fixed an error where you drowned on land when going north at the beginning.

-Fixed an oversight where the Frog Princess would only accept your magic seeds if you had EXACTLY 20. it is now >= instead of ==

-Default BGM volume set to 80 instead of 100

-Fixed incorrect dialogue leftover where The Lady in the Ice asked for "20 of something" when she really wants you to get 10 or more hearts.

-Fixed a game breaking bug where exiting the Fire Temple boss room and going back in would lock you out of being able to get the Ring of Fire.

-Fixed another game breaker where any room where you started at the top of a ladder would send you back out of the area.

-Completely removed the red-push-block enemies that pushed you into holes.
For obvious reasons. Rip...

Last edited:

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just completed and left a review. Well done!

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been meaning to check this one out. Sounds like fun and has gotten a very positive response from the community.

The only reason why I've posted an updated version of my game is because I'm not going to win anything. I know games that probably have more votes than mine even has views, let alone downloads.

Volrath

Knight in Sour Armor
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I enjoyed this game and have a second playthrough in progress. This time around I'd really like to figure out that area with the six movable stones. What's going on there, anyway?

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Volrath thank you, glad you enjoyed it! If anyone actually does figure out the six stones, PM me!
Although I don't know if its possible atm to solve legit because of a bug...

Just a few more hours and I can start patching the game.
Once all the bugs are ironed out, I think I'll add to the game. Like an expansion or free-dlc

Gonna call it The Golden Pearl DX

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Volrath thank you, glad you enjoyed it! If anyone actually does figure out the six stones, PM me!
Although I don't know if its possible atm to solve legit because of a bug...

Just a few more hours and I can start patching the game.
Once all the bugs are ironed out, I think I'll add to the game. Like an expansion or free-dlc

Gonna call it The Golden Pearl DX
Didn't I showcase getting in there?

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
v. 1. 0 2 up.

which gives us the two things this game desperately needed more than anything.

-A dash button: Dashing has been put back in.
-An auto-save system that doesn't corrupt your data AND allows for multiple manual save slots as well. (Thank you to @chaucer )

with that, Golden Pearl IGMC edition is probably not going to receive any more updates. Frankly the game's just not
popular enough to warrant all that effort when I could be moving on to something better. So I've fixed what I had and
that's good enough for me.

If you find any game breaking or experience ruining bugs, then please let me know, but minor or inconvenient bugs will probably just get pushed aside.

If I get enough of an outcry for it I'll consider adding that Map-Checklist thing that Indrah suggested.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like it! It was really fun to play! Well done :D it reminded me of the old Zelda games! Is that what you were going for? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been listening to the new music tracks for MZ included in the sample game projects ... for way too long. Quite catchy!
Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz