bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone! Since an IGMC has been announced which starts on October 29th, and that is close to the end of October and start of November, I figured I would post the progress thread a little early. Below is the official information on the IGMC if you are interested.

Official Youtube Video for the IGMC:

Official Itch.io page with rules and information:

https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018

Post here your goals/plans for the month, even if you are not doing the IGMC, as well as your progress. Though be advised if you are doing the IGMC you CANNOT start your project until October 29th, 2 am Pacific Standard Time, else your project can be disqualified.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
FIRST~! Uh I meant this is fantastic news! I will look at this and see what the theme is.

ADDENDUM;
Oh my! November too? o_O I wanted the NaNoWriMo challenge but this contest even if I might not entry pulls me. *Grumbles something at the bug living under the SHIFT key of my keyboard*

Last edited:

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here we go again! Time to start dusting off ideas and go play last year's winning entries to get back into the groove!

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question though it mentioned hour long prototypes in my emails. Does it have to have super nice graphics or just an hour long game covering mechanics and the idea.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Xenphir : All the winners in the past years had good graphics too. In theory with the scoring set up the way it is, you could win without it, but in reality I've never seen a game win on just mechanics and idea yet.

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out.

Time again for the yearly torture exciting contest.

Just when I was musing about how maybe we shouldn't have one this year BAM! They start it. Am I psychic or what?
Honestly this comes at a time when massive RL work will severely limit the amount of free time I'll have to put into it this year, but hey I'm joining anyway! Cause it's now a yearly tradition. It'll just feel wrong not to.

Well, absolutely nothing in my brain right now as to what kinda game to make. Will think of something.

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would just be hard to make a game in just a month when you can't start until the 29th, with beautiful graphics. Do you mean like really well-done handmake pixel graphics, or do you think it's possible with things like FSM DLC and stock assests found in the resource section of the forums?

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got an idea for a game I've been wanting to do for a while, and this is the perfect opportunity to start on it. What scares me though is this:

@Xenphir : All the winners in the past years had good graphics too. In theory with the scoring set up the way it is, you could win without it, but in reality I've never seen a game win on just mechanics and idea yet.
Art and music are my weaker areas. My art is better than it used to be, but I'm still worried because my process in making art feels painfully slow. So I'm wondering how much game I can make with "passable" art, because I need about an hour of content. I may need to cut a few corners in other areas to make this work. What kills me is that I wanted to include some custom programming elements, but I don't think I can do that in addition to the custom art in a month...

I guess the best plan is to focus on what I need to make the game work, then add the other elements later on after the jam.

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess the best plan is to focus on what I need to make the game work, then add the other elements later on after the jam.
Yeah that's what I'm going to do methinks. I'm going to make the entire game in just the default maker still using stock assets I own though. Then go back and parallax and add lighting later I think. I figure if I make a good enough prototype and even if it doesn't win, I can make it better and then put it on kickstarter maybe.

Good luck to everyone! Lets all have fun finishing our games! I can't wait to start! Guess while I wait for the contest to start I can think about characters and story in my head.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've actually been toying with this idea for a more modern take of Sweet Home on the NES. It's an horror turn-based RPG that pretty much started inspired, and defined Japanese Horror games. It's an interesting concept that I haven't seen anyone tackle and I always wanted to see if I could translate and improve on some of the aspects of it. Now's the best excuse to do it. I'm gonna map out some ideas and do some resource hunting for the weekend and get started first thing on Monday.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just finished a title, so time to see what I can do with crunch time. Starting with an empty notebook. Not even an idea yet, jotting down every game idea I can come up with ;)

Edit: I'm not afraid to make The Slime Farmer!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[mod]Everyone please note!!![/mod]
This thread is for posting your goals and your progress on them. It is NOT for discussing the rules of the IGMC, what resources are allowed, what actions will bump up your chances of winning etc. I think it highly probable that once 29th arrives, there will be a thread for that.

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was working on making a difficult heavily evented mechanic and it was a total dud. My goal is to start from scratch and make it work!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was working on making a difficult heavily evented mechanic and it was a total dud. My goal is to start from scratch and make it work!
Woah, wait what? I thought that we weren't allowed to begin making the game yet?

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's happening!!!!!!!!!
At last I am gonna release a game to seriously participate in an event.
Thanks Degica, thanks staff, I always wait for such events with great anticipation!!!! :D

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't think I'll be joining IGMC proper, but I am thinking I'll use it as an excuse to try and be somewhat productive, whether that's towards a new project entirely or towards the project I was originally working on.

Basically, the goal is to -arg-ing finish something. Hopefully I'll be able to break that goal into more manageable chunks soon.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The hype is real! It's nice to see people getting excited by IGMC (and getting inspirations for their other projects even if they weren't planning to participate in the contest). Hopefully everyone will have a productive November!

I'm personally still trying to decide whether to participate in the contest or not. I've been talking with someone about a joint project, but I also have another idea in my mind - and my older project has been on the backburner for a while, which makes me feel a bit guilty. I will probably try to decide after I'm done with other things which require my more immediate attention (e.g. an upcoming LARP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose