watermark

Thinking of what to do next
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The countdown has officially entered the single digits. It's time to start feeling nervous. :kaoswt2:

I feel so lucky that we have such a wonderful team this year. No matter what the results, I'm so glad I got to work with such talented individuals! @Miss Nile @Linhtendo @CuckooOrange You guys are awesome!

Good job to everyone who's already finished! And good luck to those of us still working hard at it. We'll all need it: It's crunch time.

Stay warm!

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dunno how much game I'm gonna have ready for this. XD

I did figure out how to do what I wanted for the intro. Since I wanted to do things with the text box for the credits (make it transparent, make the letters show one at a time), but the dialogue boxes didn't require much beyond changing font color for the names, I used Galv's plugin for the dialogue instead of the credits. So that actually worked out. I have a lot of rewriting to do, and I'm absolutely nowhere in my game, so this is gonna be interesting... Can I complete something playable in less than ten days? ... No, probably not. LOL

MrB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can if you work smart!
Don't try to create the game from A - Z, start with the core features and work around that!
Yanfly uploaded a comic about game design that might be interesting for you(aka: Don't give up, you can do it, I BELIEVE IN YOU!)

I just wrote my own plugin for my game! Well, sort of wrote it! I had help!
It doesn't matter, it works!!! Things are moving forward quite steadily, I'm still waiting for that big bug that's going to ruin my game, but so far so good!

I also fleshed out the idea for the second big boss fight, and if this works as I want it to be, it's going to be soo amazing... Totally psyched! :D

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The comic is super helpful! And I'm realizing I really should have put a town square in my town. XD Well, no time to fix that issue now! I'm gonna bust out some generic database work and keep my fingers crossed, LOL! I actually have a few interesting systems I can integrate easily, so that's what I'm gonna spend my time doing until like a day or two before the contest is over and then just bang out a quick plot.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
With the holiday break officially starting, I've been able to do some game development for a change.

-Fixed up a cutscene in Chapter 5 that I wanted to fix. It was mainly add more movement as it was too static.
-Added mouse support, and an option to turn it on or off in the system menu. The game will start with it off (for now).
-Tested to see how well a gamepad worked, had no issues with an XBox360 controller (wired). Though I feel a keyboard is better as that d pad is a little fussy for menu selection in my opinion, but it's good to know it can work for those who really like controllers.

Last edited:

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made the title screen (crappy title included) so I don't haver to worry about that last minute like last year...
FnTlnuB.png

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Elissiaro That title screen looks super beautiful. Love the font you're using for the title.

Progress Update:
I've decided to just use a simple event for the shop upgrade system, because it looks closer to what similar games have. Now I just have to implement it. :p
So onto stuff I did do: search for music, edited a windowskin and bugtest. I haven't gotten past the tutorial yet, because of all the stupid and silly bugs. :aswt:

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've worked on these lovely people~
NPCs4.png

There's still SO MUCH left to be done, but we're making progress. And all the bits and pieces so far are really lovely,
I just hope we can combine them in time... hahaha. I've been pretty chill and now I'm getting stressed out, so it's a day on which I need to archive much to put my mind at ease again! :D

Keep up the great work everyone!

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I'm finally almost done my maps... almost. Just need to do the final 2 and then I'll have all the maps for the first portion of the game. I was going to do corrupted/flooded versions of a few pre-existing maps but as it's not utterly necessary, that's been shifted over to the "If I have Time" pile of things. I've decided to go with a Secret of Mana style world so no World Map, just travelling. Hoping to have the time to implement a Home Teleport into the game but we'll see.
I've completed writing out all the main dialogue for the storyline quest, just need to put it in at the appropriate points. Also gave one of the NPCs a friend chicken as she looked super lonely.

No screenshots or videos today but hopefully I'll have the time tomorrow to do something showing off the newer maps.

Only another week for IGMC so good work everyone, the finish line is just right there. =D

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Plueschkatze - please tell me you're making a dating sim! LOL

So I'm actually feeling much better about my game. I still don't know if I'll have enough stuff done by the deadline, but I'm definitely gonna give it the ole college try (even tho I dropped out of college). Last night, I got the opening to work, I plotted out the first/only dungeon, and I started doing database work, including setting up the random weapon modifier system and starting on the skill level up system. I also watched a tv show about the subject of my game (the historical subject, my game is set in the future but "those who fail to remember the past" and all that). All in all, I feel a lot better about the game itself now that I have a clearer picture of where it's headed. Whether I can cobble enough together in eight days, I'm still not sure, but I have definite, well-defined goals now, so I'm at least headed in the right direction.

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, there's so much progress here and too many people to name of individually! All of these projects look amazing! I'm really excited to try some of them out.

As @Plueschkatze said, we still have so much left to do, but it is starting to come together. Going to be a stressful week! :o:D

Here is some more of the lineart, which we'll begin coloring soon. Getting down to the wire:

upload_2018-11-21_14-40-33.png

Dezue

pat reon.com/peninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyho, you funky sexy jammers!
Only a few days to go... I wish you all lots of energy, let's get stuff done!

@slimmmeiske2 It'll be our classic brand of adventure/puzzle-solving gaming, plus a touch of battling bat baddies (for the jam version at least, more enemies are on their way)
@Chez Thanks, mate! I'm more used to Photoshop, so I'm using that to paint the maps and characters! :)
@Marquise* Good luck with the icons, mate!
@Plueschkatze Aww man, so cool! :)
@Gabrelik I feel you! Let's have an awesome stressful last week :D

Our progress has been more 'behind the scenes' the last days, but of course, the painting/animating machine mustn't stand still.
A new character animation, meet Grrracelyn:

And that's how the items will look like :D

Stay funky, guys!
Dez

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyho, you funky sexy jammers!
Only a few days to go... I wish you all lots of energy, let's get stuff done!

@slimmmeiske2 It'll be our classic brand of adventure/puzzle-solving gaming, plus a touch of battling bat baddies (for the jam version at least, more enemies are on their way)
@Chez Thanks, mate! I'm more used to Photoshop, so I'm using that to paint the maps and characters! :)
@Marquise* Good luck with the icons, mate!
@Plueschkatze Aww man, so cool! :)
@Gabrelik I feel you! Let's have an awesome stressful last week :D

Our progress has been more 'behind the scenes' the last days, but of course, the painting/animating machine mustn't stand still.
A new character animation, meet Grrracelyn:

And that's how the items will look like :D

Stay funky, guys!
Dez

I love your style so much TT__TT

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
November Progression so far:

Finished:
- Released a patch for Stitched with several more fixes
- Going through the existing artworks in preparation for the next project

To-do:
- Finalized story design for next project
- Watch let's play of horror/puzzle games to get inspiration
- Design more puzzles and game mechanics

familyportrait_by_fluffexstudios_dcskewp-pre.jpg

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elissiaro that title screen is epic!! Makes me really excited to play your game! Whats the genre going to be (if you can reveal it!)
@MrB Where were you with this comic recommendation 3 years ago when I first started??? I had to learn this system by myself the hard way! This will be my first public game because I kept doing everything the wrong way T_T
I'm pretty worried I won't actually get to finish (or that my game won't be fun enough), but I'm determined!! A lot of what I did was background stuff, making sure the "next day" function works, making it so you can talk to everyone, ect. But! One cool thing I did work on was the bachelorette you can try to date! Poor Matsuki has loved her best friend for a long time now, will she be able to win over Shiori in time for the day of choosing? Maybe!! (Also Shiori is a harpy cuz why not it IS a monster village!)
romancing.png

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't have much time to work on things today so I just toyed around with the idea of the teleporting back to the village on a whim.... which turned out to be a lot easier then I thought. So that's a definite in the game now.
Just have to decide if I want to have it disabled in dungeon type areas or leave it as a get out of jail free kind of thing.

Of course, testing it made me realize I have to fix two earlier maps as I accidentally made some floating grass and a door won't stay at the correct state. All in all, productive for what little time today.

MrB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dezue But, you had exactly 69 messages before you posted that message!! :(

I can't wait to play your game btw, I am really in love with your art style!

I'm making amazing progress! I planned to work today and tomorrow on a system I finished up today, so I decided to rework my leveling system!
Instead of items, I'm going to level up the player through a place called the "ventri", a place where the player can access five different parts of the body(arms / legs /lower body / upper body / head)and spend points. I do want the whole three way system in place, so you get to spend either a point into defence, offence or magic in each of the places.
For example: spend an offensive point in the head, and it will level up to level 2, and give you more accuracy(sight). Magic point, levels the head to 2, and gives you magic attack instead(or max mana?), while defence gives head level 2(ha!)and, and magic defence(Concentration). Every 5th level, give a big benefit, like a bigger passive point, or perhaps an extra slot for an extra spell. I dunno. I'm kinda making things up as I go now haha.

I'm excited though, this seems like it's going to work out pretty nicely :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I need help on what I should add to this fighter game.
Should I add:
Rain
Sleet
Snow
Leaves
Wind
If you can come up with anything else let me know.
Final day of the kickstarter campaign and my team and I decide to cap it off by doing ... musical numbers online.

These are clearly definitely My People.
6 hours and 35 minutes until it is December first here :3
Charon.png
Spending the day doing concept art! It's so comfy! I'mma draw the full party and take it from there. Hope everyone else is having as good of a day!
"Never argue with a Narcissist. No matter how sound in your logic, they'll always see themselves as correct and you too beneath them to understand.

The best you can do is take things with a grain of salt and leave them alone to wallow in their own delusion. If you're lucky, you'll catch the time where they inevitably destroy themselves!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mastredan