Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Update 17

The game is now finished. I’m not going to lie, I’ve reached the point where I’m actually afraid of posting it in case there’s something I’ve missed I know I have to release it though, so I’m doing it now.

So now that the IGMC version is pretty much done (I will call it my demo for the full game), I will talk about what I would change, and will change when I have the time and funds to do so.

1. I will buy some slightly bigger sprites that look more at home with the tile sets, the chibi style of sprites annoys me no end sometimes, so something slightly taller and more regular featured would be nice. This also includes a proper amount of NPC’s as well as player characters.

2. Battlers, the battlers I used were from Librarium, some of them fit perfectly, and if I was rich and the creator did commissions I would totally have them make some Aztec styled battlers! As it stands I will probably have to either magically get good at art, or I will have to ask someone to draw me some.

3. If I could find someone better than me to do the database and enemy balancing I will totally hand over all stuff to them! But given that probably won’t happen I really need to sit down and properly figure out how to work the database to make the game more enjoyable.

4. Of course I will probably be annoying Makio-Kuta for busts and character art for the game, because I am in love with her style! So very much! She’ll have had enough of me in the next few months I’m sure. Lol.

My future plans will also include working out a deeper world building for the land of Istolia, to allow me to add more NPC’s, which I am finding quite difficult at the moment. I’m not sure what to have them say or think or feel which is strange for me. I normally have no problem with that. My village and city maps feel empty, and I don’t like that, but I just don’t feel like I can add any in.

The lack of NPC’s is something I will have to address. This probably sound silly, but I feel if I had more diverse sprites to use I would find it easier to give them their own personalities and things to say. Unfortunately I am limited as my main characters are taken from the villager sprite set, so I’m down two adult sprites in towns and cities. Lol.

Anyway, I’m very proud of what I have accomplished; I hope anyone who plays it will enjoy it. I of course hope I can win the contest, but even if I don’t I’m still happy with what I’ve done!

So please, give it a go and vote for me when there's the chance to do so! I'd really appreciate it!

Jjust click the link in my signitiure to get to my itch.io page!

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 17

The game is now finished. I’m not going to lie, I’ve reached the point where I’m actually afraid of posting it in case there’s something I’ve missed I know I have to release it though, so I’m doing it now.

So now that the IGMC version is pretty much done (I will call it my demo for the full game), I will talk about what I would change, and will change when I have the time and funds to do so.

1. I will buy some slightly bigger sprites that look more at home with the tile sets, the chibi style of sprites annoys me no end sometimes, so something slightly taller and more regular featured would be nice. This also includes a proper amount of NPC’s as well as player characters.

2. Battlers, the battlers I used were from Librarium, some of them fit perfectly, and if I was rich and the creator did commissions I would totally have them make some Aztec styled battlers! As it stands I will probably have to either magically get good at art, or I will have to ask someone to draw me some.

3. If I could find someone better than me to do the database and enemy balancing I will totally hand over all stuff to them! But given that probably won’t happen I really need to sit down and properly figure out how to work the database to make the game more enjoyable.

4. Of course I will probably be annoying Makio-Kuta for busts and character art for the game, because I am in love with her style! So very much! She’ll have had enough of me in the next few months I’m sure. Lol.

My future plans will also include working out a deeper world building for the land of Istolia, to allow me to add more NPC’s, which I am finding quite difficult at the moment. I’m not sure what to have them say or think or feel which is strange for me. I normally have no problem with that. My village and city maps feel empty, and I don’t like that, but I just don’t feel like I can add any in.

The lack of NPC’s is something I will have to address. This probably sound silly, but I feel if I had more diverse sprites to use I would find it easier to give them their own personalities and things to say. Unfortunately I am limited as my main characters are taken from the villager sprite set, so I’m down two adult sprites in towns and cities. Lol.

Anyway, I’m very proud of what I have accomplished; I hope anyone who plays it will enjoy it. I of course hope I can win the contest, but even if I don’t I’m still happy with what I’ve done!

So please, give it a go and vote for me when there's the chance to do so! I'd really appreciate it!

Jjust click the link in my signitiure to get to my itch.io page!

I'm actually very excited to play your game! Rarely do you see this kind of theme? So yes! And I totally agree with wanting to polish things after like, the game jam is over? Good luck with that <3

Dezue

pat reon.com/peninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MrB Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Your upgrade system sounds neat, though
76vHqMk.png

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did some more work on break today:

-Redid the wording on a cutscene in Chapter 3. This one has been on my list for a while. I got the main part fixed, now I need to fix up the responses to it.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everyone's games look so nice... and mine's a potato. XD I literally spent an hour trying to make a schoolhouse (the exterior of one) using RTP. I don't have that kinda time to waste... and it seems like any time spent that isn't writing dialogue is just wasted. I'll be lucky to get far enough to have random battles.

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I've been watching your progress on the thread you posted, and I won't lie. I'm impressed. Good luck!
@P_Kun How?!?!?!?
@Tuomo L I love that theres multiple endings! I'll have to give your game a try soon!

I worked all day and finally added a very barebones battle system that constitutes one of the jobs you can choose to have. In addition to that I added some cutscenes, my day system is finally working the way I want it to (with characters in different places/saying different things depending on the day and if you've apprenticed under them), and I finally made the menu a bit more helpful to the player by having it show several of the variables that either affect gameplay or the ending!!! I'm still incredibly nervous on whether I'll finish or not, but I'm so determined!! If nothing else I'll certainly have a prototype I can be proud of! I've had this account since 2013, it's time to do something with it!
skills_favor.png

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finished the story of the game, just played it all the way through so it all works! Yay! Now mostly just balancing and tweaking for the next few days before submission.

fayqgC1.png

vHhBNoU.png

HHvSUxK.png

WSq8kP4.png

I would love for some people to give the game a whirl for feedback purposes.
I would also be more than happy to try out and give feedback on anyone's IGMC entry as well.

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elissiaro that title screen is epic!! Makes me really excited to play your game! Whats the genre going to be (if you can reveal it!)

Thanks :3 It's gonna be a pretty standard jrpg type game... I think. I get kinda confused if you go too deep into game genres.

I've worked on some more random stuff... Unfourtunately I'm getting kinda really stressed, and I.... Deal with stress by procrastinating..... orz
But I've finished the characters and a bunch of expressions. I've edited most of the battlers. And started editing animations in the editor, and adding skills, items, weapons and stuff...
UVPCqCu.png
I proobably don't have enough time to customize the battle screen this late. I'll look into it once everything else is done if I have the time.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finished the cutscene on the end of chapter 2, now on to making chapter 3, the final arc. :)

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome @Chez @Plueschkatze @MrB Thanks a lot guys! We're giving it our all and it's really great to have our work apretiated, it motivates us a lot :)

The deadline is almost here let's hope we can get everything done in time!

Currently working on our airship:

Everyone seems to be working really hard, Good luck! :)

Attachments

• sads.jpg
    sads.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 8

Thothdan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
*Withdraw submission quietly*

Attachments

• Old House on the roadside 1.JPG
    Old House on the roadside 1.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Old House on the roadside 2.JPG
    Old House on the roadside 2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 16

kenjivn14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Today I finished the prototype for igmc2018
There will be tutorial about
How to use google to translate many languages quickly
How to generator many items are quick
How to secure data is better
How to make games run faster and smoother
These tutorial will be uploaded on my channel/ forum in the near future:

Discussed my game here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/tactical-rpg-outschool-igmc-2018.102382/

FEATURES SO FAR
  • The story is complete : The prologue
  • A huge map: currently available; CITY-SE size 6444x6444
  • Tactics battle system
  • Recipe system
  • Quest system
  • Game Time: 14 types of weather; rain, clouds, fog, wind, fallen leaves, 4 seasons, cycle time; day/ night.
  • There are over 2000 items divided into 12 categories: food, cake, key1, key2(hidden), drink, medicament, common, rare item, material, weapon, armor, ???
  • There are two mini game: Taxi and Waiter
PLANNED FEATURES
  • The plot must be complete : 8 episodes
  • The side quests by date and event
  • Complete the city map including (NE-NW-SW) total size a city map: 25776x25776, inside campus (DIT, USH, HSTN), additional grocery stores, the process center areas, the SU NGHIEP center, the mines to look for raw materials and more dungeon
  • The system traffic, the motorcycle and car will be active on the city map
  • Pet system include hunger, thirst, and fatigue. You can control a pet (When you are a Summon)
  • Design skills, animation, logic AI for the boss
  • Balancing the battle mechanism
  • Add more two mini games
  • Possible features: Expand the story to another game. It can make on unity 3d engine

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hoozaaah I've finished my submission!

IGMC Features
- Five levels on one location
- Two (renamable) MCs to pick from
- Get hired or fired!

Possible Features in the future
- Unlockable extra MC(s)
- Three new locations
- Different modes (Easy, normal, hard(?), Infinitive)

Since no one except me tested it, I'd appreciate it if someone could download the game and let me know it's actually working on their end.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/chrome-and-mv.102550/

Appears there's an issue running MV games on chrome per this thread. You all may wish to follow this one closely and see if you need to make edits to your game, as I'd hate to see every MV game DQ'd due to a judge using chrome and not knowing about this.

@Touchfuzzy this might be something worth investigating more, as that looks like a chrome error and not an MV error which may affect playtesting of submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing
How come there's no spooktober game jam? I thought horror maker games were some of the most popular genre out there...
"I didn't know X song was about that!" Uh... why? Do you not listen to the lyrics? I mean, I guess that makes sense. We live in a world where nobody listens, but everyone wants to be heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florian973