IGMC and November Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgillisp, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elissiaro

Elissiaro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have finished everything but the very last event, which I don't even know if players will get to in an hour... Also I haven't had time to actually adding my busts yet.... orz But I still have like 6 hours. And I'm gonna finish in time! Because I did not spend the past... something more than 24 hours awake working crunch on this only to fail.

Right now I'm playtesting to make sure you can actually get to the not finished final cutscene... I did not realize how sloppy I was being while eventing... So many events I forgot to put as autorun OTL

(Hopefully it turns out to at least be an ok game with how much rushed, stressing, and sleep deprived I am right now...)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. Lord Kuro

Lord Kuro Villager Member

It's buggier than a two week old corpse and really didn't turn out like I hoped, but I submitted my entry anyway. It'd have felt like a bigger fail to work on it for nothing than to submit an incomplete demo. At least I think I got all the gamebreakers ironed out.

https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/336930

3. kaiijuu

kaiijuu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bleh. I've had nonstop headaches since I started this on Nov 14th. With three hours left, I'm calling it quits. I have way too much to do and I can't put out something I'm not 100% proud of. I'll probably still finish it up and maybe release a full game next year. Looking forward to playing and seeing everyone's games! :)

4. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've been so wrapped up in working on my project that I couldn't find the time to update here on the forums. The demo for my game is done and posted: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/336958

I am so glad that the contest only asked for a demo. Even so, I feel nervous about my entry. There is so much I originally wanted for this game and either did not have the time to implement the idea or found out the last week through rigorous testing that scripts just weren't working together and had to cut stuff out. I did not have time to get to mini boss fights or even major boss fights. I barely had enough time, after cut scenes and map mapping, to put in fights at all! What's uploaded is bare bone basics that is mostly story driven and some nice large maps to walk around and explore.

I know this is all coming late, so bare with me:
    @MrB - Haha! Thanks for the like for the dragonhead. I knew I didn't have time to custom create one so I just ripped the RTP dragon head right off and changed the color scheme. Works pretty well! Unfortunately, due to time constrains I've had to cut the outside ship map. :(
    @Thothdan- How are you doing the eventing for those cars? I had a headache trying to figure out how to get a car to do a cycle pattern last year and never understood how!
    @Elissiaro -I love your title! The burning rose against the black screen is eye catching. Lovely work!
    @Plueschkatze -As a fellow artist, I am drooling over your beautiful color choices and art style. I can't wait to play your game.
    @P_Kun - Your city is incredible! Absolutely lovely! Teach me your ways.
    @Creative Ed - I love your airship! Wonderful attention to detail!
    @Deletrius - Your eventing with the drop down theater is incredible! Thank you so much for uploading a demo sample project! I will certainly be looking into that!

To everyone else - you have all done such a lovely job! I have enjoyed seeing everyone's progress on this forum and am excited to play everyone's games for the jam! Even if you did not submit, be proud of the energy put into your projects and what you have accomplished.

5. Chez

Chez TheLastYuriSamurai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I...I did it?? I DID IT!!!!! Hahahaha it's not perfect and I'm sure theres a few bugs in it, but I'm so proud of it. Thank you so very much to everyone who encouraged me!! I hope you all do great and we should all feel so proud! I've finished games before, but I was always to embarrassed to share them with anyone.. I'm so incredibly proud of what I've finished. By far my best effort. Even if it doesn't win, it would mean the world to me to hear everyone's feedback on it. If it gets positive feedback, I'd love to expand the game further. Thank you to everyone here and goodluck!!!

https://thelastyurisamurai.itch.io/monster-village
    The Drakul are a race of non-humans, some nomadic, some not, just like the human nations. But to the humans, their simply Yokul, or demons, hated beings they clash with at times. But this story isn’t about that, this is the story of a small little valley, near the cat’s eye stream, bordering the no-lands of forgotten shadow, the small town of Quin-song, the place of peace. Far enough away from the borders of Men and near no military bases, this small village has enjoyed peace in these troubled times, and life continues there as it always has, with seldom visitors or people leaving, it is a place untouched by Man’s greed or of Drakul’s pride.

Matski is a young Drakul about to be accepted by her village as a full blown adult. As part of her village’s customs, she is volunteering with the master of whichever craft she decides for herself. Once she completes the volunteering and is accepted full-time by the master, she will be given her adult name and allowed to pursue a partner for herself. Eyeing the beautiful Shiori (much to the amusement and teasing of her younger sibling), the two are beginning to hit things off and slowly build their relationship up until her adulthood.

Contains:

-Fishing, mining, farming, crafting, forging, cooking, armor making, ect.

-1 childhood friend you can try to win over before the end of the game!

-5 professions (cooking, fighting, armor making, and forging) to choose from at the end of the game, experience them all!

-Carefully crafted story with extra details and lore for those who want to talk to the townspeople everyday!

6. hadecynn

hadecynn Abyss of Oblivion Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Didn't have any time to post progress on the forums, but I was able to get just about everything I wanted to fit into the game. No more monstruction weirdness, I went the full orthodox JRPG this year.

Proudly presenting:

[​IMG]

https://hadecynn.itch.io/abyss-of-oblivion

Zelgadis85, Lord Kuro, huubz and 4 others like this.
  7. mobiusclimber

mobiusclimber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Zelgadis85, Lord Kuro, MrB and 5 others like this.
  8. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just want to make a quick post congratulating everyone for finishing! Yay! We all did it!

I'm all outta energy now and will make a more detailed post later. Gotta rest now.

:kaoluv:

Zelgadis85, Lord Kuro, MrB and 8 others like this.
  9. Dezue

Dezue Love Ninja! Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Congrats, everybody! We had an awesome time with all of you here! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welcome to 'Mrs. Big Bad Werewolf'! Have fun playing, and let us know what we bungled up, what you liked and if Batto Udon is something you'd eat in real life ;)

Now it's time to catch some sleep! [​IMG]
    Stay funky and see you later!
    Dez

10. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Congrats everyone that pushed through and completed these year's Gamejam! I've already got a bunch saved (and downloaded) to test out once I get some much needed sleep.

I'm proud to say I got mine done and in on time (albeit a little nearly late due to body demanding I sleep), a bit shorter game play wise but hey, this was tons of fun! See everyone on the flipside and good luck to those who entered!

[​IMG]

11. Creative Ed

Creative Ed Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    This is it guys, me and @P_Kun were able to publish the game last minute. We gave it our all to give this game the best quality we could, but unfortunally it got a bug that we weren't able to solve in time.
    It was an excellent month working for this contest, sharing our stuff with you guys and seeing all you great work.

Here's the link for our game, Dream of Sword so you can try it out: Thank you all
    https://creative-ed.itch.io/dreamofsword
    [​IMG]
    Thank you all!

Attached Files:

Marquise*, Zelgadis85, l8rose and 6 others like this.
  12. Elissiaro

Elissiaro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I managed to finish! Yay! And with an hour to spare!
    But...
    Uuuugh I realized I forgot to test the deployed game before uploading it like 3 minutes before the cutoff time... And it was in fact a bit broken. So I tried to fix it, but I think I broke it more? Or maybe it's the same amount of broken I dunno. At least you start on the right map now. And not the testing map... And now the times up. And for some reason it replaced the old file? (maybe cause they have the same name)
    I'll just... Quietly hope the players ignore the missing image file at character selection... It's playable anyway right? right??? I hiope???
    And all this panic woke me up a bit. I can barely even tell I've been up for 42 hours.

https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/337024

If anyone wants to check it out... In fact I'm gonna do that now to check how broken it is...

Should probably also look into how to encrypt without breaking the game... For future reference...
    ... I think I know what's wrong. The image was saved as PNG instead of png and didn't get encrypted with all the other pics..... orz It looks like there are 3 images where that happened. Luckily I replaced the other two before packaging, so it should only be the 1 pic...
    So uh... Hopefully players will let 1 missing image file slide... hopefully. I don't even know.
    I think the panic induced adrenaline is wearing off.
    will that annoying missing image message pop up every 5 seconds forever if it's not fixable?? i know so little... why is it such a big deal to have capital letter PNG files??? TTATT
    I forgot to remove like 2 gimp files before deploying... those didn't get encrypted either. dunno why i even kept them in the game folder...
    I have a dedicated folder for messing around with sprite edits and resources and stuff.
    Should I even post this? I feel like I had a point somewhere in this rambling mess.
    Can I just put it in spoilers? for people who are masochistic enough to click on it? is that illegal?
    I should go look at the forum rules.
    I found a workaround!!!
    So I can add that to my itchio post! and maybe people will still play it! yay! cause i had a picture of the same character just a different outfit that didn't break.
    I didn't look at the rules... I don't actually remember if I know where they are.
    I found the rules, im gonna read them.
    I don't think it's against the rules. I'm sorry if it is but I didn't see anything about rambling in spoilers.
    Also I didn't actually play the game even though i said i would, sleepy me is very scatterbrained.
    Wait there's the stay on topic rule.
    is this on topic???

EDIT: There is a simple fix for the image bug, yay! I put it in the install instruction, so hopefully people will play my game anyway. And maybe even like it.
    (even though my lack of sleep led to the writing in the later parts of the story being a bit... extremely iffy, maybe ill get lucky and people just won't get that far. and I can sneakily rewrite it when the cotest is over. shh don't tell anyone)
    I think i remember readng that you should triple the time you take at finishing to know roughly how others will do... or something. if so my game is 40ish minutes x 3
    EDIT2: I didn't end up with enough time to add the busts.... TTATT
    [​IMG] I worked so hard on them too :(

13. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I submitted my game few days ago..... Welp, I should post here too.

The reason I made this game was to comfront my hatred. First Person View Battle coz’ I can’t see my characters’ faces and reaction. So, I made it.

92E54BBB-7AD7-4DCC-8F20-7B51F6085396.png

https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/332961

14. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Roden124, Zelgadis85, l8rose and 5 others like this.
  15. huubz

huubz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    First time participating and first time to ever put a game "out there" to be played by someone other than a friend, so it's exciting! It's also going to be interesting to see what the feedback is, good or bad :stache:

[​IMG]

https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/335813

Roden124, Zelgadis85, l8rose and 6 others like this.
  16. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  17. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine The Mapgician Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Will make sure to check a lottt of the games that've been put here. Many good-looking games. I'm also rating a lot of games, so ya'll better be posting those entry links.

Zelgadis85, Tuomo L and Dezue like this.
  18. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We should build a masterlist with all the entries by this forum members, so that we could easier scour between the ones made by the members of RPG Maker Web.

Zelgadis85 and Faye Valentine like this.
  19. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Tuomo L : I think someone is working on that as we speak, but they say it might be Monday before it is done.

20. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds great! That'll make it easier for us to look at each other's projects! :XP1C:

Zelgadis85 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.