hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's already been a good amount of progress, but make sure to get some sleep everybody! :rwink:
@Dezue Is that a pompadour on the car? Awesome!

@Plueschkatze Showed off the start of our evented backpack earlier, and I took what she started and ran with it. I got it working the way we want (barring any ninja bugs), so now all we need are pretty graphics instead of the random things I'm currently using.

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two days in, and I think I've got a decent start. The main character has both an overworld spriteset AND a battler spriteset, both custom made. This is very new ground for me, and probably the thing that scared me the most.

Now I need the other character I had planned...

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got a bit more done with the battle system today, but got a bit hung up on mapping (but should go a bit faster now that I'm in a bit of a better groove with it) I hope that by the end of this week I'll have a good portion of the maps done and be able to focus on just the mechanics and story (and leave fixing some graphics that I'm not entirely settled on towards the end)
I did end up making somewhat of a custom battleback, but I'm not going to show that off (it's a bit simplistic)

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't get as much done as I hoped, but even a little progress is a good thing!

Here is what I got done today:
  • Choose pixel style
  • Main character colors
  • Main character walk sprite
  • Added small enhancement plugins
  • Made most ground tiles
I think reporting back to this community thread is a better way for me to track my progress than my previous ways with other projects. I can see my progression alongside others'! :kaojoy:

@hiddenone, wow, that's an evented system? Thought for sure it was coding magic! Awesome job!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Everyone is working on their IGMC Project, and here I am, lonely with the advent calendar work xD

So far I have
4 finished days
3 started days
and 2-3 more days that are definite, but not started yet

out of 24.
And the worst is to keep them secret from you all, so noone here is spoilered^^

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished making a flip book of image resources.

I made some decisions about the setting, the maps, and about which character to use for the demo (my game will have a character selection in the beginning).

I picked a theme song for the character.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to finish a whole hour of gameplay, since this is literally my first RPG Maker game and I still have a lot to learn about the engine, but I'll set my goal at a good first twenty minutes and work my way up from there.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi! How is everyone?
I hope everyone is making good progress and is having fun with this years IGMC or their projects or whatever they are working on.

I colored the first map today. It took a while to get it right and I hope the next ones will be done much quicker now.

I don't think I can polish all the maps for the jam entry, but I want at least some of them to be, so it gives the players an idea what the finished game could look like :3

- Plue

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yesterday's work bled into today but I worked out a new puzzle for the next room. There are some conditions done via script code, which is a whole new venture for me. I'm sure there is a better/ more efficient way to implement what I'm doing but its something new for me!
I'm going to be making some character art today, busts for the two protagonists during main cutscenes, drawing those is what I like most so it be a treat.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Dezue Me? Oldschool hip hop? No. I only like veeery few hip hop songs, it's usually not my genre of music. Why? :3
Looking forward to your project, the car looks great already!

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After seeing some of the art that others are posting for the game jam, I'm very worried. I feel like my art doesn't even come close to what they can do in that time. This is the battler sprite I made in the first two days:

LugnutBattler.png

I also made an overworld sprite, but it's not fully compiled in png yet. Both of them feel so ugly compared to what everyone else is doing, and it kills me to think that.

David Lister

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Dezue Me? Oldschool hip hop? No. I only like veeery few hip hop songs, it's usually not my genre of music. Why? :3
Looking forward to your project, the car looks great already!
@Plueschkatze Heh, heh... ...in regard to the hip hop inquiry, I suspect @Dezue is referring to your sign. ;) I thought the same thing when I saw it. It was a late 80's thing. :p

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished the bust art for my first character. Now I just gotta do her other outfit, expressions... Aand all the other characters... And this already took me too long cause I had to do other stuff.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@shockra It took me a while to realize that's not a hat he's wearing, but an ear. If you could fix the ear, it would look a lot better :)
@Plueschkatze That looks so good (already)! Can't wait to see more.
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I forgot to comment before, but I really like the art style you went with. Very unique and it fits your game well :)

Time for my daily update. Goal of today was originally to event the second customer, but since I did that yesterday, I instead did some debugging. It's all running very smoothly now. (Well, I do have one minor annoyance at how MV handles the Change Image command. Now the customers stop mid-walk when they arrive at the counter :kaoangry: I tried rewriting my events, but I couldn't get them working anymore and since it's only a minor thing I'll leave it be. I guess this just truly shows how amazing RMXP still is, as you can pick the frame when you use that same command.)

I wanted to continue the good trend I started yesterday and do a bit more than was scheduled, so I set up the animations for the book and dolls. Which took a lot longer than I anticipated :kaoswt2:
And I since I don't have much else to show, here's one of the dolls connecting to another department for you:

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Second character in progress, I decided to do her since the dresses are somewhat similar, so I could reuse the lineart a bit.
I thought I was finished with outfit one for her until I realized I forgot to add the hair behind her back... Buuut it's 2.30 am here now and I need sleep. (Also I just looked at it in this post and I completely forgot to shade the bow... orz)

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, Halloween ended up being a lot slower here then I thought it would be so I managed to get some artwork for IGMC 2018 out of the way. Twins Sorcha and Nial, the first additions to the party. Probably going to redo Nial's face a little in the final version but overall, I'm pretty happy with their similar designs. Now if I can just decide on what looks I'm going with for the main character that works between a gender choice.

Also started on some requested work but still tweaking that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emcautley1