There's already been a good amount of progress, but make sure to get some sleep everybody! @Dezue Is that a pompadour on the car? Awesome!
@Plueschkatze Showed off the start of our evented backpack earlier, and I took what she started and ran with it. I got it working the way we want (barring any ninja bugs), so now all we need are pretty graphics instead of the random things I'm currently using.
Two days in, and I think I've got a decent start. The main character has both an overworld spriteset AND a battler spriteset, both custom made. This is very new ground for me, and probably the thing that scared me the most.
I got a bit more done with the battle system today, but got a bit hung up on mapping (but should go a bit faster now that I'm in a bit of a better groove with it) I hope that by the end of this week I'll have a good portion of the maps done and be able to focus on just the mechanics and story (and leave fixing some graphics that I'm not entirely settled on towards the end)
I did end up making somewhat of a custom battleback, but I'm not going to show that off (it's a bit simplistic)
I made some decisions about the setting, the maps, and about which character to use for the demo (my game will have a character selection in the beginning).
I picked a theme song for the character.
I'm not sure if I'll have time to finish a whole hour of gameplay, since this is literally my first RPG Maker game and I still have a lot to learn about the engine, but I'll set my goal at a good first twenty minutes and work my way up from there.
Yesterday's work bled into today but I worked out a new puzzle for the next room. There are some conditions done via script code, which is a whole new venture for me. I'm sure there is a better/ more efficient way to implement what I'm doing but its something new for me!
I'm going to be making some character art today, busts for the two protagonists during main cutscenes, drawing those is what I like most so it be a treat.
After seeing some of the art that others are posting for the game jam, I'm very worried. I feel like my art doesn't even come close to what they can do in that time. This is the battler sprite I made in the first two days:
I also made an overworld sprite, but it's not fully compiled in png yet. Both of them feel so ugly compared to what everyone else is doing, and it kills me to think that.
@shockra It took me a while to realize that's not a hat he's wearing, but an ear. If you could fix the ear, it would look a lot better @Plueschkatze That looks so good (already)! Can't wait to see more. @Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I forgot to comment before, but I really like the art style you went with. Very unique and it fits your game well
Time for my daily update. Goal of today was originally to event the second customer, but since I did that yesterday, I instead did some debugging. It's all running very smoothly now. (Well, I do have one minor annoyance at how MV handles the Change Image command. Now the customers stop mid-walk when they arrive at the counter I tried rewriting my events, but I couldn't get them working anymore and since it's only a minor thing I'll leave it be. I guess this just truly shows how amazing RMXP still is, as you can pick the frame when you use that same command.)
I wanted to continue the good trend I started yesterday and do a bit more than was scheduled, so I set up the animations for the book and dolls. Which took a lot longer than I anticipated
And I since I don't have much else to show, here's one of the dolls connecting to another department for you:
Second character in progress, I decided to do her since the dresses are somewhat similar, so I could reuse the lineart a bit.
I thought I was finished with outfit one for her until I realized I forgot to add the hair behind her back... Buuut it's 2.30 am here now and I need sleep. (Also I just looked at it in this post and I completely forgot to shade the bow... orz)
Well, Halloween ended up being a lot slower here then I thought it would be so I managed to get some artwork for IGMC 2018 out of the way. Twins Sorcha and Nial, the first additions to the party. Probably going to redo Nial's face a little in the final version but overall, I'm pretty happy with their similar designs. Now if I can just decide on what looks I'm going with for the main character that works between a gender choice.
Also started on some requested work but still tweaking that.
I'm actively looking for people who want to recreate classical compositions in the public domain for RPG Maker games. I've got a whole kick going on of looking for several resources from anyone which would be sharable amongst commercial games. This latest pursuit is something I'm surprised no one else has started doing.