- May 9, 2014
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Olde Englishe
- Primarily Uses
In foregone ruins there stirs an ancient evil. Sealed long ago, by those now referred to as legend, to prevent future pain and suffering by its hand. Years passed. Then decades. Centuries. Millenia. For ages this dark force plotted and watched and waited for the perfect moment to return. For when its old enemies were no more. For when the land and its people were ripe for the taking again. That time is now. And so the evil rises once more. Little by little. Bit by bit. Bone by bone. As its power grows the kingdom is doomed to destruction. None in this world may stop him. Save for one.
Embark on an epic adventure against your wishes and travel the world of Elvesheem to defeat an ancient evil before it grows to power and destroys all you hold dear.
- Original art gives a hand-painted look to a world full of expressive characters and brings it to life.
- Comedic storyline following one of the most unlucky fellows ever as his situation goes from bad to worse.
- Five different endings to see and experience as the days and circumstances work against the player.
- Fast-paced shopkeeping minigame to financially reward those with quick reaction and precision.
- Unconventional battles where the player must find a way to succeed against monsters when their skill lies in simple moneyhandling.
- Doomsday clock continually displays various details players must keep track of to avoid (or intentionally cause) one of the "bad" endings.
- Dungeons to explore to help unravel the truth and get much needed experience.
- Autosave confirms player will have to live with their actions and consequences.
- The Player: Choose a name for your champion as you embark on a quest to help save the kingdom and provide only the best goods for your customers!
- Jezebel: The player's wife. She will wait for you to finish all of this "hero" nonsense. But you had best keep her happy.
- Eliza: The player's daughter. Waits for the player at home with Jezebel. Makes a mean pouty face.
- Rocks & Pebs: Two members of the Queen's Guard that run the local armory.
- Danvers: Runs the local bazaar in Forlourne with cheap supplies and helps upgrade the player's shop.
- Mendi: The healer working at the Forlourne infirmary. Will always patch the player up but you'd best not take advantage of her kindness.
- Osari: The Elven arcanist. One of the last of his kind. Will restore relics and impart Elven history upon curious travelers.
- Viper: Leader of the criminal underground in Forlourne that will provide loans to the player when times get tough. Always a smile on here face.
- Lucious: Prophet and royal advisor to the kingdom of Forlourne. His visions have never failed him or the queen during his tenure.
- Gwendolyn: Her Highness and leader of all of Elvesheem. Lets her advisors do most of the talking for her.
- Sebastian: Neighbor and best friend to the player in their small town of Everdeen. Helps train the player if they so wish.
- York: Young street rat that will help the player when times get too tough. Lost his family on their journey to safety.
- Move cursor/player around.
- Run while moving. (Shopkeeping minigame and dungeons)
- Select option choice. (Navigation, dungeons and world map)
- Confirm. (Navigation, dungeons and world map)
- Pick up/put down shop box. (Shopkeeping minigame only)
- Shoo away customer if no box equipped. (Shopkeeping minigame only)
- Sell to customer if box equipped. (Shopkeeping minigame only)
- Open and close menu. (Navigation, dungeons and world map)
- Cancel choice (Navigation, dungeons and world map)
- Open customer cheatsheet to see which one wants what. (Shopkeeping minigame only)
If you enjoyed Half-Off Hero you can show your support by voting for my game during the dates below!
Click on the image to be brought to my IGMC gamepage and vote!
Last edited by a moderator: