[IGMC] Stock Trader Hiyo! (Finally released!)

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
 ​
 ​
Presents...
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Economic crisis is striking the monster world due to a group of humans called heroes who like to steal loot. As a result, job opportunity is pretty limited and many monsters become unemployed. Our main character, Hiyo, is one of the victims. His professor encourages him to become a stock trader! This is his journey as he embarks to become the best stock trader in monster world! ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Hiyo
 ​
 ​
 ​
Bunny 
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Ponguin
 ​
 ​
 ​
Nekosuke
 ​
 ​
 ​
Professor Foxy
 ​
 ​
 ​
Mr. Raccoon
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

1.Investigate companies to collect information with a classic point-and-click adventure game style! ​
 ​
2.Use the information to manipulate stock prices! Each of these information will affect stock prices differently, based on the reliability of source and the impact it has! ​
 ​
3.Search for macroeconomic information and combine it with your collected information for maximum result! The effect will be higher if you choose the right macroeconomic information to combine!​
 ​
4.Your actions matter! You can only use each information ONCE, so you have to think carefully before you decide on things. You might be the richest monster in the world or be bankrupt... it all comes down to your decision! ​
 ​
5.Use loans to leverage your return... but be careful and pay attention to your loan or you might end up bankrupt!​
 ​
6. Unlock all 13 endings! (BEST ENDING can only be achieved after you use ALL information (totalling 36 information)​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Add this to your signature to support us! :)
Code:
[center][url=http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/42857-igmc-stock-trader-hiyo/][img=http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/Felinda_Muliadi/hiyo%20hiyo%20signature_zpskfdbkefd.gif][/url][/center]
VOTE US ON
 ​
 ​
 ​
(DOWNLOAD LINK IS UPPED!)
 ​
if you enjoy this game, you can help us by voting for STOCK TRADER HIYO! after 7th August 2015. Your support is really appreciated
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Engine:
ENTERBRAIN​
 ​
Graphics:
Rural Farm Pack: [Copyright]© 2014 ENTERBRAIN, INC; artist Celianna.​
Kingdom Rise and Fall​
White Patisserie​
Avery​
Whitecat​
Mack​
 ​
Music:
G-miya.net​
TAM-MUSIC.com ​
Rebel Rapture Music Pack: [Copyright]© Murray Atkinson​
JSM Romance: [Copyright]© JStewart​
Maoudamashii​
Playonloop.com​
JDB Inspirational Vol. 2: [Copyright]© 2015 DEGICA Co., LTD; Pack Creator: JDB Artist.​
 ​
Script: 
RPG Maker Source ​
Hudell​
Yanfly​
CT_Bolt​
Tsukihime​
AdiktuzMiko​
Galv​
Theolized​
Nicke​
KilloZapit​
ModernAlgebra​
Khas​
Shaz​
SoulPour777​
Crazyninjaguy​
 ​
Beta Tester 
Slimmmeiske2​
HeckHound​
Rudi Sihabudi​
Yami Kitsune​
Josephkhland​
dtch​
(more to be added)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuuta Kirishima

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  This is simply amazing, unique idea! Glad I dropped out of IGMC cause I wouldn't have won with entries like these.

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
This is simply amazing, unique idea! Glad I dropped out of IGMC cause I wouldn't have won with entries like these.
Thank you for the kind words! After finishing the game, it's my first time being grateful of my Finance major :D

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice to see this thread up, looking forward to playing it when it's done! :)

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Nice to see this thread up, looking forward to playing it when it's done! :)
Link will be upped on 6th August :)

Right now it's fully done but still buggy as hell. 

Hopefully the games does justice to your music. 

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just dropping by to say that this game looks awesome, you used wonderfully Celianna's Rural Farm Tiles and you have a solid concept and characters. Gotta love your art too (it's pretty good). Good luck with this, I'll be around to play the full version^^

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Just dropping by to say that this game looks awesome, you used wonderfully Celianna's Rural Farm Tiles and you have a solid concept and characters. Gotta love your art too (it's pretty good). Good luck with this, I'll be around to play the full version^^
Glad to hear that!

Hopefully the full version lives up to your expectation. 

Valkyriet

Pocket Panda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Although I don't know much about maneuvering stock prices and the like, your game looks pretty amazing! Love the screenshots and the character descriptions, as well as some of the gameplay features ^3^~ Best of luck for IGMC, and I look forward to playing this game someday ;3

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Although I don't know much about maneuvering stock prices and the like, your game looks pretty amazing! Love the screenshots and the character descriptions, as well as some of the gameplay features ^3^~ Best of luck for IGMC, and I look forward to playing this game someday ;3
Thank you for the comment!

I hope that even those who don't know about stocks can still enjoy this game ^_^

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It looks very cute and very Japanese.  I like the idea of playing the stock market as gameplay within an adventure game.  Good luck in the IGMC!

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
It looks very cute and very Japanese.  I like the idea of playing the stock market as gameplay within an adventure game.  Good luck in the IGMC!
Glad to hear that! :)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this game is freaking awesomes lols I love your character design haha you better then me in creating cute monster that's for sure lol

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Update:

Each difficulty mode is now represented by an icon! 

(Baby > Beginner > Challenger > Masochist)

How it looks like in game:

What do you guys think?

Do you think the icons are representing the difficulty mode or do you think other icons might fit better?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think the icons look fine.  I do wonder, though, a bit about the names you have chosen.  For example, it is not clear from that choice which is 'Normal', as 'Beginner' implies someone without much experience, which would usually be the 'Easy' mode, and 'Challenger' sounds like it might be the equivalent of 'Hard', particularly with that icon.  I'm also not sure that players would be universally happy to identify themselves as a 'Baby'.

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I think the icons look fine.  I do wonder, though, a bit about the names you have chosen.  For example, it is not clear from that choice which is 'Normal', as 'Beginner' implies someone without much experience, which would usually be the 'Easy' mode, and 'Challenger' sounds like it might be the equivalent of 'Hard', particularly with that icon.  I'm also not sure that players would be universally happy to identify themselves as a 'Baby'.
I guess I want something more unusual :)

But if many players don't really like it then I could settle with Easy -> Normal -> Hard -> Hardcore (?)

...Not sure about the last one. 

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Considering the premise of the game it would be interesting if you could relate the difficulties to financial terms or something along that line.

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Considering the premise of the game it would be interesting if you could relate the difficulties to financial terms or something along that line.
That's actually a really really nice idea. I've never thought of it before, thanks for the idea.

Though, I still have no idea on what financial terms that are suitable to represent difficulties, but I'll try to think about it. 

dtch

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's actually a really really nice idea. I've never thought of it before, thanks for the idea.

Though, I still have no idea on what financial terms that are suitable to represent difficulties, but I'll try to think about it. 
Well, I hear being a Day Trader is extremely tough. Maybe something like, Investor, Stock Broker, Day Trader.

The higher up the difficulty, the less money you start with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you realize your game size without the sound is 51.1 MB.... But with it (unoptimized as it is) it's 156 MB.... I guess it's time to do a bit of sound optimizing. :kaoswt: Also I learned that deployed for Windows it's 308MB... Apparently MV adds a pretty hefty helping of stuff on deployment. :kaoback:
I wanna try making my game into an app because that sounds cool but I am so lost on how to :kaocry:
I found some tutorial but they all seem to use an older android studio(2.3.3)? I think the current version is 4.0.1?
is there an updated tutorial or do I need to find a way to get 2.3.3.?
My heart goes out to the family of Cannon Hinnant. Shame on all major news networks in America for not reporting that a 5 year old was executed by a grown man. Absolutely disgusting.
I hope Turkey and Greece can settle on the resources dispute peacefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhoang1601