[IGMC] Stock Trader Hiyo! (Finally released!)

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Well, I hear being a Day Trader is extremely tough. Maybe something like, Investor, Stock Broker, Day Trader.

The higher up the difficulty, the less money you start with.
One thing that I'm worried about is the players that don't even know the differences between all those. 

How does:

Newbie Trader -> Ordinary Trader -> Advanced Trader -> God Trader 

sounds?

It's just adding "trader" for each of the difficulty level, but it's kinda making a big difference in my opinion :3

What do you guys think? (Please correct me if the term is a grammatical error, I'm not a native)

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wouldn't say God trader, how about Expert or Master.

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I wouldn't say God trader, how about Expert or Master.
That does sound better. Though... it's kinda hard to find icons that can represent "Expert" / "Master"

(With God -> I would just use a "God" icon lol)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I agree that Expert/Master is much, much better than god.

For an icon, if you check out Avery's Icon workshop thread, the icon set in the opening post, you will find a college/university mortar board in the clothing and accessories section, the 4th one from the left, top row.  You could use that.  Alternatively, if you used that for Advanced Trader, there are some very nice 'trophy' type icons which would used for the top difficulty level.

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I agree that Expert/Master is much, much better than god.

For an icon, if you check out Avery's Icon workshop thread, the icon set in the opening post, you will find a college/university mortar board in the clothing and accessories section, the 4th one from the left, top row.  You could use that.  Alternatively, if you used that for Advanced Trader, there are some very nice 'trophy' type icons which would used for the top difficulty level.
Will check it out, thanks for the suggestion.

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks so nice, and I love the concept.  You are one of the five I believe will win the IGMC.  Good luck to you =3

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
It looks so nice, and I love the concept.  You are one of the five I believe will win the IGMC.  Good luck to you =3
I feel honored :)

Though, there are other entries that are just so amazing, and there are still several days before IGMC ends too.

Thanks for saying that, though!

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Guys,  STOCK TRADER HIYO's IGMC page has been updated,
if you have time please visit and comment.
Don't forget to VOTE after 7th August.
Thanks, your support is really appreciated~  ^_^

if you enjoy this game, you can help us by voting for STOCK TRADER HIYO! after 7th August 2015. Your support is really appreciated

Meokka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Eagerly awaiting this game! I really like how the game looks. I also really enjoy the concept behind it! Good luck on your entry.

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Eagerly awaiting this game! I really like how the game looks. I also really enjoy the concept behind it! Good luck on your entry.
Thanks!.. * I'm moved ^_^

check out on our IGMC page on 7th August , the download link will be posted~ 

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bah. Just stick with baby mode. If players don't wanna be called baby, then play the more normal mode. :p

I wasn't sure, looking at this game a first, but it really does look pretty good!

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Man, this game is so cute :D  

The idea of having a strategy game based around buying stocks is really neat.

It's a shame you went for strategy though, my game is strategy too and I was happy to see so little competition there.

Oh well, I guess may the best one win. If I finish it... 3 days to go. Ugh.

Still, one of the entries that is surely getting my vote, even if we are going for the same genre prize. :)

Again, looks really awesome.

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Bah. Just stick with baby mode. If players don't wanna be called baby, then play the more normal mode. :p

I wasn't sure, looking at this game a first, but it really does look pretty good!
lol~ for IGMC, I'll stick up with (baby-normal-challenger-masochist) I don't have time to change it, I might change it after IGMC is finished. Btw I've uploaded Stock Trader Hiyo's Trailer with your voice on it. Check it out! your sound it's so good and funny, my video looks better now! ^_^

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Man, this game is so cute :D

The idea of having a strategy game based around buying stocks is really neat.

It's a shame you went for strategy though, my game is strategy too and I was happy to see so little competition there.

Oh well, I guess may the best one win. If I finish it... 3 days to go. Ugh.

Still, one of the entries that is surely getting my vote, even if we are going for the same genre prize. :)

Again, looks really awesome.
Wow thanks! I'm happy to meet some guy in the same genre in IGMC! The competition is getting tighter (I guess many of them post in the last minute before IGMC's submission is closed) I know several guys that make Strategic game for IGMC and not posted yet. wish luck for both of us ^_^

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hahahahaha! Iron Croc VO is so funny and embarrassing at the same time xD! "MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEYZZZ!"

Good job on the game :D ! I'm a bit taken aback by the 'animal romance' feature though o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Hahahahaha! Iron Croc VO is so funny and embarrassing at the same time xD! "MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEYZZZ!"

Good job on the game :D ! I'm a bit taken aback by the 'animal romance' feature though o_O
LOL! I grinned all the time when making the video even though the script was from me xD

I asked him to be an energetic narrator :p

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My review sapiboong, I posted on the game page as well:

Played this Sapiboong so here are my thoughts:

I love the way you start the game by picking a house; creative! Game is a little slow to take off as you introduce concepts but I started to pick stuff up after awhile. I like how you investigate the corporations and have to try and utilize your knowledge to manipulate the stocks in your favor, whether its to intentionally lower the price to buy low only to boost it up again later or to take out a massive loan when you know you are gonna boost the price soon.

You put a lot of charm in this game, everything from the art to graphics to music and dialogue just enhance that whole experience. You have a really unique game here and utilized that to full effect. Been playing on baby mode and still trying to go an hour and a half in. Probably will pick it up again later.

Honestly I have very little criticism to say about this game, you put out a darn good game that utilizes the idea of growth as truly part of the game mechanics. You could definitely be a front-runner in this contest. I think your adoption of the theme will help separate you from other high-quality games in the pack.

Last edited by a moderator:

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
@Vox Novus: thanks for playing the game, and I am really happy to hear that you love the game :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was working on grid movement and did this as a joke.

Or is it

New PC is built. Now I walk that fine line between wanting it NOW, and being responsible and waiting for the stress test to be finished. By this time tomorrow it'll be up and running. And my desk will have had a much-needed clean.
Remember to pet your astral kitty!

Unifying the code bases across MV and MZ for Haxe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brodyslav