Ignarus Demo~GREENLIT~

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Kudaaj330, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Kudaaj330

Kudaaj330 Game Dev Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Oh, it is going to get dark....
    That won't be for some time, but believe me, I am really inspired on throwing the player completely off track,My goal is to create something that will make goosebumps

flare from you and make you wonder. :)

I'm excited to hear you are downloading it :) let me know what you think thus far!

Thanks guys!

2. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey everybody again! It's great to be back to post again for the information regarding Ignarus' new update this week.

I've managed to get a lot done in the promotional video this week, I'm not the most experienced video creator, but I think I did an OK job on it thus far...?

Here is somewhat what is to be expected in the future of Ignarus.

Other than this, there has been a few new things added to the game for the future, which are:

A new skill - Jump-Stab - It's exactly what it sounds like. :3

Some new monsters implemented for future use.

Jump, push, throw, and carry sprites were created for the protagonist.

New map developers Matt Beer and EternalShadow are now helping with the creation of each map, giving me tons of time to work on the games progress.

1 new song is being produced.

Random other small adjustments made to many maps regarding invisible walls of the sort.

I hope to receive some feedback based on the quality on the promotional video I created, I don't have much experience video-making as this is the 2nd video I've ever created..

If anybody has any advice or tips, I'll gladly put any information to use.

Kudaaj-

3. Whisper

Whisper Villager Member

First Language:
    Broken English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Interesting, As I'm also working on mine right now (literally bang my head to the wall). It may take a while to download 600MB file with my slowest internet.

Kudaaj330 likes this.
  4. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey there everybody! Long time no see, that doesn't mean any progress has been made though! I've finally managed to get a website up and launched which is great, I will be able to post my most recent updates and content for the future there and it will be easily accessible.

www.ignarus.ca

mechanic fixes with movement, and skill use tweaked. Changed the HUD, it is still a work in progress but hey, It's coming along. :)

Re-added "leveling up" to the game, in some occasions, just a few level ups can be your savior for that difficult boss fight.

Sprites have been input in to the game which I've received from my awesome artist. (Jarrens mother, Pushing, Jumping, New monsters etc.) mapper has also competed the first parallax map for the game. With more support I will be able to develop the game to it's fullest potential and achieve the map quality and music I am aiming for!

I also am opening up a kickstarter within the next few days, So I am really excited for that as well.

This is basically the older demo with some dialogue changes, here and there, as well as other minor tune ups you might notice.

Also, I re-uploaded the promo video, so it has a new URL:

Download Ignarus' current Demo here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0sb772k779lxks9/Ignarus2.5.rar

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
    Freank likes this.
  5. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Ignarus is officially on Kickstarter! It's been such a long and amazing journey the past year, but I have learned so much and have been able to do something I've always dreamed of doing when I was a kid, and that is design my own game... Even if the kick starter doesn't pull through, I am going to continue to develop this game and I will continue to do so afterwards! This is what I love to do and I only strive to get better.

For those interested in receiving some of the possible awesome perks for the game, rewards for pledges can be found on the Kick Starter website. You can find the link in my Signature

I've also began my Steam Greenlight phase so far it seems to be going not too bad, although the critics of steam can be a little too real at times. ;D

It's all a learning experience and I aim to get better with time. If you are interested in throwing me a vote for Ignarus, you can find the link to my Steam Green Light page in my signature

Updates:

-Added hidden skill in the demo for trial. "Fireball"

-New Menu and Sub menu Layout and borders.

-First boss significantly decreased in difficulty.

-Two new character sprites have been completed, which I am very excited to show in the future.

-Some minor dialogue changes.

-Added Kitteh!!!

-^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope you all enjoy the new demo, as it is darn near in its final phase.

Download the newest demo here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pgwfxxxf543oxur/ignarus3.1.rar

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
  6. VicWhite

VicWhite Star rover Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry my backing was a little small, but this month I got trapped with other 3 campaigns...

All the best for the game.

7. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    G'day people of the forums Ignarus has been Greenlit by the community! Thanks to those all so much for having faith in the game in its current stages!

I will be releasing a new demo by the end of this week with new content to be seen and a better understanding of what the game is going to be in the long term, as the world is going to be slightly more open than what the previous demo has to offer. Kick Starter wasn't a success like I was hoping for it to be but that is 100% okay, I will be opening up another funding source for those who would like to contribute and receive rewards. The rewards will basically be the same as they were on Kickstarter. -Digital download

- Desktop backgrounds

- Video footage updates

- Strategy guide

- Thank you letters.

- Game soundtrack

- Extra download keys for friends

- Posters

- Monster/NPC/Boss design assistance.

I will give the crowdfunding source information as soon as possible, for now it is unavailable.

Current updates -

- Story progression

- New accessory functions (Evasive skills, sprinting, etc.)

- Updated and newly created maps

- Tons of new dialogue.

- 3 new characters are in the making

. - 1 new atmospheric song created. another in the works

. - Map skills slightly improved. :p

- New sprint animation is here!

Be on the lookout next week for the new demo that will reveal some of the world map that is to be explored.

8. VicWhite

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I was a low budget backer. All the best for this second round of funding the game. Count me in. I'll try to spread the voice from my twitter too, so feel free to PM to notice when the time comes.

Big hug.

Kudaaj330 likes this.
  9. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah I remember Vic, :) I appreciate that So much, thank you. and I am definitely going to open a crowdfunding source elsewhere, and when I do I will let you know.

That would be amazing if you could help spread the word when the time comes. Cheers Vic, you rock!

10. VicWhite

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Will do it, will do it. Just let me know ^^ Thanks!

Kudaaj330 likes this.
  11. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello all, Kudaaj here and I'm posting one of the final versions of the games demo.

There is about an hour of new game play and areas to explore as i've been quite busy making new maps.  I am quite picky about going back and making changes to the maps, and may add things such as new puzzles, different monsters, and just better lay out in general, and so on.... so I will most likely come back to this area eventually. :)

I hope you enjoy and I hope to receive some constructive feedback. RTP and non RTP demos in the links below

RTP

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u2gw2jowtcrng1t/Ignarus.rar

Non RTP

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2e93ynxl2s0qf2x/IgnarusnonRTP.rar

12. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's update time!

Hello again people of the RPG forums. It's been some time, but this time  I am to present just a simple update..

No demo included.

Let's cut to the chase, I'm going to simply show what I have been working on and have had others working on through out the past 2-3 weeks.

Changes made to the intro.

As I progress I come up with better ideas that would fit in to the game and have a nice impact later on, So I have going back to make dialogue changes, and even adding new scenes. :3

[​IMG]

New Accessory!

What accessories do in Ignarus is pretty important in regard to ones playstyle, some times the accessories will be required (Or recommended) at some parts of the game.

In case you are looking to clear the path and make a speedy get-a-way, you have yourself the Dash Boots

[​IMG]

New Character forms in development!

That's right! Fooooorrrms!

With progress within the story line, you are going to obtain some rather abnormal abilities which will assist the protagonist in his journey.

I've just began this process recently so I do not have much yet, but there will be some cool things to look forward to.

Feather Form - With this form the player will be able to move at an accelerated rate and be able to hover over holes that aren't accessible usually.

(No images yet.)

Gill Form - With this form, the player will be able to swim, dive, and even walk and fight underwater in particular locations and even find secrets, and even caverns.

(No image yet)

Shadow Form - With this form the protagonist will become Invulnerable to the the curses deadly mist that lies throughout some of the region. The player will also be able to enter particular areas in the world (Such as cracks in the wall, or some doors.)

(No image yet)

New monsters!

Here are a few of the many monsters to come.

[​IMG]

New maps of course.

More to explore, more to achieve, quests are being panned out and everything is going just dandy.

New music productions!

Since the games release I believe I have had 5 custom created songs for me, and most of them aren't even implemented in to the game, so that will be something to look forward to as a lot of the music is heavily inspired by some of my favorite classic titles.

I supposed I can give one sample. :p

That about covers most of what there is to show for the past little while.

Back to work I go. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  13. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey all.

Kudaaj here again, this time I am here to present my new promotional video I created!

Wow, is it time consuming, or what?

As for progress on the games development..

-Almost nearing the halfway to completion mark after nearly a year! :o

-Character and monster sprites

-Hammer being implemented

-Claw being implemented

- New terrains/maps.

- Shadow form implemented.

-New skills in progress

-New boss in progress.

That's just some of the many things implemented thus far this patch.

The final demo version is neigh.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2017
  14. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello everybody, I'm here to throw a some information regarding on what has been accomplished over the short period of time since I last posted.
    I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

LOTS of maps created (Around 20)
    Hammer implemented - smash rocks and foes with stronger armor.

Boss in progress - This monster can speak human language fluently, it's as if almost he is a human trapped in a monsters body.

He seems to be determined to protect his Vessal within his ruins, I wonder why?
    [​IMG]

Two new custom songs - (Soon to be available for preview)

Shadow form and regular form is getting new skills created
    1- Shadow Slash - In shadow form with the sword equipped - Hold down the attack button to power up your sword, when released you will spin in a circle releasing dark energy at all the enemies around you.

2- Beasts Wrath - With the hammer equipped in regular form, (only) old down the attack button to power up your hammer, when released you will smash the ground stunning enemies on screen.

A lot of the story is really starting to come cleanly, as I polish the intro and mid game area, I still have quite some ways to go but I am definitely over the half way mark!

*Confetti*

That about covers most of what has been done over the last little while, on top of that i also re-polished the games trailer some.

Cheers everybody.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  15. Kudaaj330

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    HELLO!

So it's been a little bit since I have posted an update, and I think it is safe to say it now requires some
    Play Testing.
    I've found one bug which effects the player from being able to use the Backstep accessory, but for now that will have to be unaccessable until further notice, sorry. :(.
    BUT you will be able to find the DASH boots in Tartarus' Bitruus Forest. (The real Memoria Forest).

Ignarus Demo Download Below, or the FRONT page.
    [​IMG]
    -
    Accomplished over the last few weeks:

Completed the 2nd boss. (Yay.)
    Implemented story progress, and dialogue. (Still plenty of improvements coming.)
    Improved lighting in several areas
    Improved Mapping in several areas
    Worked more on the second dungeon
    Progressively gone more insane.
    Got new "cutscene" material
    Received my two new songs

Decreased File size further more of the download.
    Demo testable up to the first boss within the Bitruus Forest.

If anybody experiences any bugs or glitches that cause any problems, be sure to inform me if you can, as I MOST likely missed it if it is in the demo still.

Enjoy the demo