NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
This plugin works nicely though I find it a bit confusing to adjust settings of.

My biggest problem though is when player followers are on. That is when you see members of your party following the lead character on screen.

They don't follow but instead stay in the same spot as the leader and just kinda... glitch while moving.

On a completely unrelated note...

Why does MZ STILL use GRID-based movement and with absolutely no option for pixel-based???

Grid-based movement is so dated.

EDIT #1 - I just noticed you are already aware of the follower issue. My bad! :yswt:

Last edited:

cyelis1224

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Just as a thought @Raizen could you have a parameter that we can turn on and off that draws a semitransparent box where collisions are for events so that it's easier to understand where the collisions are?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why can't pixel movement work with shadows? Is that the only thing you need to change, is adding that note to transfer events?
I'll need to check that, its because shadows also need to be on "pixel movement" mode, but I hope I can fix everything very soon o/
EDIT #1 - I just noticed you are already aware of the follower issue. My bad! :yswt:
No problem friend! o/,I am working on the issues currently, I hope you all like this next version!

Just as a thought @Raizen could you have a parameter that we can turn on and off that draws a semitransparent box where collisions are for events so that it's easier to understand where the collisions are?
Yeah, that is a great idea, I think I'll implement that also o/

stevenblanc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Raizen,

Great work so far! Looking at your demo it appears that pixel movement extends to the event random movement patterns making them look a little bit like they are going through epileptic fits; is this something you are going to be working on or will we need to create custom movement routes for each event to get the standard movement patterns?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In this actual version you can switch to tile mode ando move them, and then switch back.
There are a lot of things I need to work on this still :( . Improving the events movement is one of the priorities.

stevenblanc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For sure, but I think for most games, the important thing is the player's pixel movement; 98% of the time the NPC and event movement can be tile based; particularly in the case of random NPC movement where there is already 8 directional movement.

If you do full NPC pixel movement, are you thinking to restructure the event movement scripts for custom scripts?

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have MZ but I want to buy it soon. Just thinking what I do / to try out first with MZ.

So I watched your video and it looks great! But I would have two short question / request: Is it possible to activate an Event if it's touching a player? So the player is standing still and an Event moves to him - Event-Hitbox and Player-Hitbox are overlapping = trigger this Event.

Also, would it be possible to make / define more hitboxes for an Event or Player (multiple hitboxes)?
For example for an ABS if the enemy shoots a flame, it would be nice to define maybe 2 or 3 hitboxes to that. So it's not Pixel-Collision but for some things it would be great to have a better & accurate hitbox(es) e.g. for battle systems, some minigames, etc.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
First of everything, I'm noob as hell at coding, so don't mind if I say stupid things about it :D.

Second, excuse my english (not my language ^^').

The point is that your plugin seems to manage really well with hitboxes and I was wondering if there's any possibility to be compatible with Doodads, I mean, a way to configure the sprites so you can place it with Doodads with their own colision box.

Anyways, nice work atm. Thanks for your time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.
Has anybody else noticed in the freebie Sci-fi tilesets that they have a hologram of Cybertron from Transformers?
Halloween is my favorite of the international festive days, always gets me in the mood to draw cute devil things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpriince