Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ignis Text Database

Introduction
This plugin allows you to save any text from the game on JSON files, this allows some big advantages over storing them on the RPG Maker editor:

* MUCH easier for translating (You can have multiple files and swap them with plugin commands)
* Easy for others to review and edit your game's text without needind the RPG Maker software
* Easy for you to review your game's text
* Better control over the texts of the game
* Better control over the vocabulary of the game
* Easier to work on the game without actually opening the game, like working outside or other occasions.

How to Use
Just insert the plugin and read the help section.

Video

Plugin

FAQ

Can I use this commercially?

Yes, this plugin is available for commercial usage, check out zlib license that this plugin is under to know more about.

Credit and Thanks
- Reisen (Mauricio Pastana)

Zaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is great. It helps me a lot, because english is not my native language. Texts are easier to find, and easy to edit in a text editor. So I can easily keep track of which texts I still have to adapt (translate).

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks simple! This is so cool, you can have volunteers to translate your game without needing them to purchase the engine, also it's even safer, you can upload the text files on github then just download them and replace the text files.

Just a question, how will this behave with a word wrapping plugin? It'll work good?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is great. It helps me a lot, because english is not my native language. Texts are easier to find, and easy to edit in a text editor. So I can easily keep track of which texts I still have to adapt (translate).
Thanks friend! I used a lot on MV from lavra, so it was very useful for me back then! :yhappy:

Looks simple! This is so cool, you can have volunteers to translate your game without needing them to purchase the engine, also it's even safer, you can upload the text files on github then just download them and replace the text files.

Just a question, how will this behave with a word wrapping plugin? It'll work good?
Thanks friend! So about the word wrap, it should work, but it depends on where the coder of the wrapper makes the "wrap". So if he somehow makes it before I replace the text with the one on the json file, it might not work, I tried the best to replace it early. If there is a word wrap that doesn't work with it, you can link me the word wrap that I'll probably be able to adjust it to work :ywink:

r66r

Fantasy dreamer... sometimes.
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I really needed a plugin to translate my games, which is why I tested this one with interest. And it really delivers on those promises. For fun, based on a freshly created game, I was able to translate:
  • Actors (name, nickname, profile)
  • Classes (name)
  • Skills (name, description, messages)
  • Items (name, description)
  • Weapons (name, description)
  • Armors (name, description)
  • Enemies (name)
  • Troops (name)
  • States (name, messages)
  • System (game title, currency)
  • All types
  • All terms
  • And even the map (name, displayed name)
Even if I could, I didn't test the animations and tilesets... which doesn't really make sense in the end.

With all this, the only issue detected is with the title of the game. Indeed, the title is saved in the tag <title> of the index.html file. And as the plugin script is loaded afterwards, it is not transformed... as you can see on this screenshot.

issue.jpg

@Raizen
I have prepared a complete template with all the translatable texts indicated above. Maybe I can share it with you so that you can add it in the opening post as an additional resource (along with the JSON files of the corresponding data). Maybe this will facilitate the translation work of the developers who will use this plugin in the future.

Last edited:

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice work Zaven! You can share if you wish for the ones that want to use it :yhappy: .
Oh, okay I'll check the title part, I think its something not so hard to fix, if there is anything else to adjust, you can send it here that I'll try to help with it o/

r66r

Fantasy dreamer... sometimes.
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Perfect, I'll share all this as soon as I'm done with the translations of the texts generated by default when creating a new game.

On the other hand, I discovered a new issue, more complex this time I think. Apparently, the text evaluation doesn't take into account texts with regexp parameters to be replaced. Example below with the texts (in French) corresponding to the messages Message.expTotal and Message.expNext. The parameter %1 is not replaced by the text of the corresponding term.

System data
issueMessageSystem.jpg

Text file
issueMessageText.jpg
Result in game
issueMessageDisplay.jpg

Expected Result
correctMessageDisplay.jpg

And yet another problem with the escape character used to display currencies: the texts don't load anymore.

System data
issueMessageSystem2.jpg

Text file
issueMessageText2.jpg

Result in game
issueMessageDisplay2.jpg

In the end, these are just problems with system messages that we could get around with a little manual work. Otherwise, this plugin works great for the remaining 98% of the game texts. :ehappy:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emcautley1