Ignite 1.2(NEW SCREENSHOTS AND UPDATE!)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Ichimaru Gin, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Ichimaru Gin

Ichimaru Gin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The world was never peaceful. Wars always raged over land and power. Power is always on the mind of humans. But one day power came to the hands of humans....One day a herder discovered a "Metal Giant" in a valley. He told his whole village! The villagers had mixed feelings about what to do with this. One day someone accidentally went inside and turned it on! He showed his people the great powers the metal giant had. The king was ecstatic he could finally defeat the village that had been forcing him to pay heavy taxes.

He assembled his army and attacked the village. The king of the other village was astounded, the world had never seen such a thing! His strong magicians and warriors fell one by one. The herder became famous, he was the strongest warrior in the world! Until more mechs started popping up..Everybody wanted or had one, villages turned on each other in fear, the world was in a frenzy! One kingdom found acquired over 100 mechs! Then went on a tirade for world domination. That is how the great "Mech War" started. In the end the evil kingdom was defeated and villages signed agreements on the use of mechs.

It is now 100 years later, in the village of Camano that a hero has the power to prevent another "Mech War"! But it seems that whoever is trying to start a war, is powerful and has a vicious intent! Can you stop them before it's too late!

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

Ignite 1.2 Patch(If you have the first version and you just want to update it, JUST REPLACE THE FILES)

PATCH1.2:http://www.mediafire.com/#kknqb4276sy94

IGNITE 1.2 VERSION

NON RTP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lnw2x2oe87wg387/Ignite1.2.exe

The game uses an action battle system

Run time is about 35 minutes

Please leave a review on my website when you are done with the game. The website will be shown at the end of the game. Also please read the "Readme" in the game folder and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  2. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    Did anyone play it?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  3. Creative Ed

Creative Ed Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Ok I'll be honest here. 

I'm not much for reading. So the first thing I do when open a thread is go for screenshots. If the screenshots please me I read. If the read pleases me I download the demo. 

This didn't happen here and it won't happen for now.

You have to remember that this forum is FULL of games like yours. People here have their Games folder full of unfinnished and raw RPG Maker games (mostly their own), so after a while they just get bored and don't care for this stuff.

I'm sorry if this is being cruel in some sort. It's not at all my intention and I don't want you to see this as some kind of mocking or something.

My advice is: Put effort in your maps. Here these guies are the cover of your game. And when you have hundreds of games to choose from looks are everything, because they're the first impression people get about your game. That is what will make them want to know more about your game.

And in this case you have robots inside an empty room of a medieval castle that apparantly has no walls? Only a weird looking brick border.

The maps seem to be random and with no purpose. I've seen a lot of maps like these and I don't believe it's from lack of skill, but from lack of patience.

As for the text, try to be more organized. Do paragraphs! <- These guies don't exist for nothing. They make the text look more interesting instead of just a wall of black symbols and it makes it look organized. It redirects the reader's eyes to what it's important.

Also you can notice that the body texts I write are separated form each other. That has a reason too. I garantee you that if you'd seen this all struck together you would have just skipped this reply. (That is if you didn't) The reason is that by doing this you give the impression that your text is smaller than it actually is.

Put more effort into your game!

Anyway, I'm sorry to have been a pain in the a**. I hope that at least I was helpful.

If you think this reply is contaminating your topic feel free to ask a mod to delete it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    MyLordRobinson likes this.
  4. sean2099

sean2099 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I don't see an issue with mixing genres or whatever...I mean he could have steam-eval or "evil steam."   I think it's more of an writing issue in terms of covering plot holes and fleshing out details.  I also agree on the tiles.  However, I think if the story is fleshed out then picking the right tiles would be easier.  At least, the explanation of why certain tiles were chosen would make sense.

I also wondered about the didactic nature of the intro.  I am going to have the same challenge but it would nice to somehow show people how to do something without making it sound they are reading from a game manual.  I am not experienced with rpgmaker vx ace but it seems like you probably used the same scripts that a lot of people are using. 

I am not sure what you are wanting to do with this game.  Do you want fun to play, a commercial game or something else?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  5. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    Yeah I know its fine, thanks for the advice, I really am not a good mapper due to the fact that I have no good tilesets and I lack the skill. But the room really has nothing there it is just an empty room that has your robots in it. I should have picked some better screenshot but I was rushing. I also should have tried to make it stand out more.

@Sean2099 Alright

Please keep in mind this is an early project feedback, the maps and levels are not 100% done. Things will change and some will stay

THERE WAS A BUG, BUT IT IS NOW FIXED

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  6. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hm, why don't you use only futuristic tiles? I think it would look great. It just looks weird medieval and futuristic tiles being mixed. You should stick only to one of them.

In this case futuristic would be for the best.

7. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    Have you read the synopsis? This game is a steampunk sort of game, it is based in medieval times, machines just appeared and man started using them

8. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Sorry my bad. I read the story now, but I have to warn you Steampunk and Medieval are 2 very diferent things. Anyway, I really like steampunk, and if that's the idea, why not use something fitting like: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/65-steampunk-tiles/ ?

Those are some great tiles and it would look preety good.

Anyway these are only sugestions.

9. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    I know steampunk and medieval are two diff. things. The genre is steampunk because it is set in medieval times with futuristic weaponry, why dont you download the game and give me a review. Also those tilesets aren't really what I need

10. veraeve1

veraeve1 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Mech usage was fun, you could add a bit more movement to the mobs as it makes it feel clunky. mapping does need attention,you can disable abs liquid skillbart from appearing from the start if you read thru the doc

you can make that intro a bit more engaging.

11. gvduck10

gvduck10 Quacker Jack Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I played the "demo"... its a great concept, reminds me of Xenogears or Front Mission. Battle system feels a little jolted though, maybe work on better explaining the controls or making it play smoother. A more step by step tutorial would be helpful in the actual game.

GREAT WORK

12. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    Thank you both for playing, I will take both of your suggestions and work on it more. 

Please let me know if anyone runs into bugs that arent listed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
  13. TheFroMofo

TheFroMofo Hired Merc Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Not really a fan of the combat. The boomerang is OP and there's a part where you have to beat the basics part of the simulator but if you go past that and decide to get into the mech instead, the game flips out and you're back with Keno killing those giant bug robot things. Then after that, you have your actor, your mech, and keno for anything. I like the ideas here though. There is much potential.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
  14. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for that, in the simulator you are not supposed to use your mech. But Did you finish the full game?

15. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    Anyone try the update?

16. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    Anyone try the 1.2 version? I will make a new version soon, I have been busy with my latest project.