Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
Ignore Guard

Script by Mr. Bubble

Summary

Apparently, there's no default way in the project edtior to disregard the target's Guard state when calculating skill/item formulae.

This script allows skills, items, and other database objects to ignore the target's Guard state which will allow developers to create damage formulae that's truly supposed to ignore defense such as "b.hp - 1".

Script

Can be found here: http://wp.me/PxlCT-rc

Installation

Paste this script into its own page within the "Materials" section in the script editor of your project.

How to Use

This script utilizes notetags. Please read the comments thoroughly.

Compatibility

This script aliases some default VXA methods. There are no default method overwrites.

Requests for compatibility with other scripts are encouraged and welcome.

Terms and Conditions

Free for non-commercial use.

If you wish to use this for commercial games, contact me first.

Please feel free to post coding and efficiency suggestions, script features suggestions, and bug reports.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
um i dont mean to say anything, but if you click ignore def it also ignores guard, just saying i tested it out using my meteor spell (formula is 550 + A.MAG * 25 no element)

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
um i dont mean to say anything, but if you click ignore def it also ignores guard, just saying i tested it out using my meteor spell (formula is 550 + A.MAG * 25 no element)
Actually, all what the "Ignore Target's Defense" checkbox does is exclude the target's DEF statistic when creating an auto-generated formula. What it doesn't do is ignore when the target uses the Guard command.

Use your meteor spell on a Guarding target. Does it ignore the Guard damage reduction?

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it does the same damage no matter what 9500-9999

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
it does the same damage no matter what 9500-9999
Hey, if it work's for you without a script, great. All my tests and the code in the default scripts say otherwise.

If you want to do further tests, you can try out these damage formulae with no variance:

Code:
b.hp - 1

Code:

Code:
b.hp / 4

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmmmm this makes me wonder if guard will effect my skill break the fourth wall, it deals 999 +a.atk*100 + a.mag*100 damage and it hits all allies as well for 9999, you might try activating certain hit as well for your skills

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
hmmmm this makes me wonder if guard will effect my skill break the fourth wall, it deals 999 +a.atk*100 + a.mag*100 damage and it hits all allies as well for 9999, you might try activating certain hit as well for your skills
Firstly, that's an atypical damage formula. The fact that your damage caps at 9999 tells me you're using a custom script that caps damage. By default, there is no damage cap (aside from potential integer overflow).

Don't use an atypical formula and test in a clean project. Use smaller, predictable values. All you need to do is make a formula that does 1000 pure damage with no variance. In all tests where the target uses Guard, the damage will turn out to be 500. Certain hit doesn't matter.

Anyway, I'm done trying to justify the existence of this script. It's pretty obvious you're not testing in a clean project. The default code doesn't lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i am using a clean script i used a common event to make it hit the entire party for 9999 damage if the enemy survives it somehow, the attack is designed to be a last ditch effort and cost 100 tp and 700 mp, though i changed it as there is a damage limit i tested the forumula with stats and the highest it ever dealt was 24981 this was having it hit a weakness

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
BhiQo.png

Set that up. Guard against it. 500 damage.

I'm done now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamjjj