Not open for further replies.

kaffe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all, so I have a generally basic question - do you / would you play games made with RTP (that is, the default assets that come with RPG Maker?) I do, and have. I have even bought and enjoyed some that use a lot of RTP. To me, if the game-play and/or story are good them I tend not to care so much about the graphics.

However, I have noticed a lot of people saying that they would never play a game made with RTP. As fellow RPG Makers, I was hoping for you all's insight on this. Do you play games with RTP? Do you enjoy them? Would you pay for them? If any of the above, what are some of your favorites? For me, some good games made with RTP include Last Dream, Tales of the Drunken Paladin, and many others.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is a thread about this two threads below yours, you should read it to see what the thoughts are.

kaffe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a thread about this two threads below yours, you should read it to see what the thoughts are.
My apologies, I failed to see it. I shall give it a look.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@kaffe It's generally considered bad form to delete the entire content of your post, even if you think it's no longer relevant. Confuses people who try to read the thread. In the future, if you want your topic closed, just Report your own post and ask for the topic to be closed, and a moderator will handle it for you.

I've restored your original post and closed this topic (since you don't seem to want further discussion in this thread). If you want this thread re-opened, feel free to PM me or report this post to request a re-open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I hate it when people instigate fights or conflicts and then use us, the security guards, as shields or as means to resolve their conflicts. Especially since we at times have to be unfair due to our duty of preserving peace.
Fortunately it doesn't happen very often.
The lucky person will get the choco.
Time to continue my game dev journey, for those who want to see how not to use RM. :LZSlol:

This is the second time in less than a week that somebody tells me something doesn't work out of the box, but when I go playtest it... it certainly does!!
I don't have experience with PixelArt, I just made it to have a cool icon for the tool I created, if anyone can give an opinion it would help me a lot:

Option A:

CrystalBall-A-32-24-16.png

Option B:
CrystalBall-B-32-24-16.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merix