RMMV Ignore/skip target confirmation for self (Edit- Yanfly plugin setting?)

DBee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, quick question that I don't think belongs in plug-in support (but maybe it does, I'm not sure- this isn't specifically related to any plugins, but maybe there's a plugin for it).

I have a skill that targets the user and the user only. After using the skill, it goes through an extra step where you need to confirm the target (the user).

I find this really clunky and that it slows things down because it's not really an area where player choice is involved. Is there a way to have this step be ignored if there's only one possible target for the skill/or for specific skills?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I see this has been moved to plugin requests. I guess it's not possible to do something like this without one then. Thank you staff for being on top of things.

In the spirit of this being in the plugin request board now, here's some additional information-
This is for MV.
I am already using Yanfly's Target Core and selection plugins for other skills, so if compatibility is an issue there, or if there was someway to extend the function of those plugins. Thank you.

EDIT 2: Apparently this is an issue that comes with using Yanfly's battle plugins. I don't know how to disable this specifically for 'user only' skills. Here is a list of the battle related plugins I currently have installed:
1637978355444.png

Last edited:

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been wondering this as well (especially for items used from the menu outside of battle).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It does ignore / skip the target confirmation by default. I'm guessing a plugin (probably YEP_BattleCore, if you use that) is changing it.

DBee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It does ignore / skip the target confirmation by default. I'm guessing a plugin (probably YEP_BattleCore, if you use that) is changing it.

Immediately went and tested that on a 'raw' project without plugins and you are correct! It does ignore confirmation by default!

I'm looking over the settings for Yanfly battle, target, and selection to see if there's a specific setting related to this. If anyone knows which one is specifically responsible for it, let me know. I don't want to turn off selection entirely because it is necessary for some things, but I do want to get rid of the confirmation for self selects-

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on
Doing RPG Maker News for this week. (January 14th - 20th, 2022)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
000dsdsc