happy2pester

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on a section of a game, and I have a character who for plot reasons, needs to be in the battle scene. For other plot reasons, I want to prevent the enemy from targeting this character, without that character being knocked out.

I've poked around a bit, and can't see a way of achieving this. Any ideas?

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could use the Sp-param Target Rate (a.k.a. "TGR") to prevent enemies from selecting them as a target. This has its limits:
  • If there are no valid targets with > 0% TGR, then TGR is basically ignored.
  • Skills that target an entire unit will hit everyone regardless of TGR.

You can make the character immune to all damage types, i.e. add an Element Rate: 0% trait for each element. There are also Physical Rate and Magical Rate traits to reduce incoming damage from items/skills with those Hit Types if necessary. Notes:
  • It is possible to set skills to "None" element or "Certain Hit" type, bypassing these traits.
  • By default, element 1 is used for unarmed actor attacks.

I think these together should cover most cases? If you want more then I think you'd need a plugin, maybe something like YEP Selection Control (not free):

happy2pester

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! the Target Rate is exactly what I was looking for, and as i'm only modifying one character's target rate, there will be no issues with the "no valid targets" case you mentioned, and i'm not including any entire unit skills. Thank you :)

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great, happy RPG Making~ :kaojoy:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I love it when a plan comes together, and especially when Ruby decides to work with me when I decide to code. :kaopride:
Got sick and had to take a few days off work in order to get tested and make sure it wasn't the big one. Felt a lot better today and thought to myself, "Hey now, I can't get tested until tomorrow anyway, I can get so much character art done today!"
....I watched Youtube and browsed this site for hours instead.
>.>
But at least I'm doing the art now! Yaaaaay.......
1638314262144.png
Didn't wanna spam the feed by posting Denzel's spritelayer separae, but I'm real happy with how this concept is coming along so wanted to share it, innit :D
EVXA wrote on Avery's profile.
Not sure how often you take time to play the games sent to you, but if you could give my game a shout & review on steam maybe that would be amazing, only if you like the game of course, I'd love to know which games have been your favorites over the years too.
I'm seeing my god daughter's school play next week. Being the mild agoraphobe I am this makes me nervous. Thus I had a dream that it was actually a plot by my best friend to take me clubbing at an establishment where it is customary to throw a harpoon at staff members to reward good service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luphelia