Ignoring Actors when accessing Skills list

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by RazeyMclovin, Mar 15, 2014.

1. RazeyMclovin

RazeyMclovin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey folks. I am making a game on RPG Maker VX Ace which isn't too RPG-heavy, and as a result, most of the information and menus are useless. I only have one playable actor for the entire game. I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the actor selection when selecting 'Skills' from the pause menu? I want it so as soon as you press 'Skills' for it to load my skills list. On a side note, I have removed the 'Status' window because that's another window that I don't need. I have also removed the 'Equip' option.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Go to scene menu, find the handler for the skill option, then re-route it to directly open the scene skill instead of activating the menu status window

3. RazeyMclovin

First Language:
    English
    My scripting abilities are quite poor. Bit more in-depth help please?

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    well, you only originally asked if it's possible... XD...

I'm gonna patch up something, just wait

EDIT: try this one, put it above any script that might be aliasing command_personal,

Code:
      class Scene_Menu  def command_personal    if @command_window.current_symbol == :skill      $game_party.menu_actor=$game_actors[id_of_your_actor]      SceneManager.call(Scene_Skill)      return    end    @status_window.select_last    @status_window.activate    @status_window.set_handler(:ok,     method(:on_personal_ok))    @status_window.set_handler(:cancel, method(:on_personal_cancel))  endend

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  5. RazeyMclovin

First Language:
    English
    I put the script under Materials and set the actor ID as 001. Is that the correct ID? Anyway, this is what I get. (Please see screenshot.)

Screenshot 2014-03-15 12.30.53.png

6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    it should just be 1, never ever put the starting 0s to something that asks for the ID...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  7. RazeyMclovin

First Language:
    English
    I changed it to just 1, same error message.  ;_;

8. Gambit

Gambit Villager Member

Hmm... Try this:

Code:
    class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase  alias gam_req_razey_command_personal command_personal  def command_personal    if @command_window.current_symbol == :skill      $game_party.menu_actor = $game_party.members[0]      SceneManager.call(Scene_Skill)    else      gam_req_razey_command_personal    end  endend

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  9. RazeyMclovin

First Language:
    English
    That isn't working either. I get the exact same error message as before. I have attached a screenshot of what my pause menu looks like so you have an idea of the things I removed from it. Thanks for the help so far though, dudes.

Screenshot 2014-03-15 17.38.02.png

10. Gambit

Gambit Villager Member

If you're just using the default Scene_Menu with your modifications then I would recommend posting it so we can see what you did. The scripts work in a new project so it is likely a side effect of your changes. When you click Skills now what happens? Do you get the same issue?

11. RazeyMclovin

First Language:
    English
    Here are three screenshots.

The first one shows exactly where I pasted your script. Also, as you can see, I am using other 3rd party scripts too which I failed to mention before, but really should've lol.

Screenshot 2014-03-15 17.50.17.png

The second two show where I have made edits in the main script.

Screenshot 2014-03-15 17.50.58.png

Screenshot 2014-03-15 17.53.29.png

12. Gambit

Gambit Villager Member

So as expected I'm assuming you wanted to remove the status window since you only have one actor as mentioned above. Remove the '#' in front of create_status_window since this is causing the issue.

Then replace the other script I provided with this one which will hide the status window without breaking things:

Code:
    class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase  alias gam_req_razey_command_personal command_personal  def command_personal    if @command_window.current_symbol == :skill      $game_party.menu_actor = $game_party.members[0]      SceneManager.call(Scene_Skill)    else      gam_req_razey_command_personal    end  end    alias gam_req_razey_create_status_window create_status_window  def create_status_window    gam_req_razey_create_status_window    @status_window.hide  endend

13. RazeyMclovin

First Language:
    English
    Sorry for the late reply. I was out. Anyway, it's working now. Thanks for the help!  :D