Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, there's a ninja class in my game that starts out each battle stealthed. Stealth makes it's target rating 0, and is only removed when they either make an attack, or are hit with an AOE attack. This can let the player decide if they want to have the ninja support from the shadows, or deal damage on the front lines (but stealth can't be reaplied, so once the ninja switches roles, they can't go back stealthed)

I want to make it so that when the charecter is stealthed their first strike deals a critical hit.

The problem is, im using CEV for both enemies and actors for more functionality of effects. Is there a way to have them ignore CEV and crit while the stealth state is applied?

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If your stealth is handled witha state, couldn't you just set the ninjas critical hit chance +999% while stealth is active? I mean if after their first attack, stealth is removed, then that would technically count as "their first strike deals a critical hit"

Edit: I also found this yanfly script that might help you.
But before that you will also need this script
Put Lunatic Damage above LDP critical in the list

Last edited:

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
It seems like an battle event condition for the first turn and ScorchedGround's suggestions are worth a try here.

@ScorchedGround
You gotta hate Reforged then. XD

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The highest i can set crit rate is +100%. This is VX ace not MV. And to apply the state at the beginning of combat i'm using a script. And those Yanfly scripts don't account for states

It might be possible in the damage formula, but i wouldn't know what to do with that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Part of me is really missin' the good 'ol days of RM '95... goodness just seems like such simpler times
Just got two Switch E-Shop 20$ gift cards... Is 3D All-Stars worth it? Or should I get something like Celeste? I'd love to know your opinion!
I’m looking at the MZ full body images and I think Priscilla is taller than Reid...
Ami
--- Music Selection ---

M.Archer: It's Music Station,You can Change the Music as you like.
F.Healer: i want to hear the Romantic Music.
M.Fighter: Then,i want the Hard-Rock one!
(the Troll Song has played)
M.Archer: Hey,i hear this Music.
F.Healer: It's popular from Internet Music,i wonder who change it?
Hero: I change it.
Entire Party: YOU????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galm