I'm a bit lacking in creativity, but I'm determined to make a game myself

SageTareus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, greetings how's it going? I'm Sage Tareus. A complete newbie in RPGMaker MV trying fulfill a goal to make a game and have it fully released. It's a bit funny to have Sage in my name and proclaim my lack in creativeness but I can say that my name is meant to be read whole. Anyways, I like RPGs, Fantasy, Anime, Vtubers, Gender Bender, CCGs, MMOs, light fluffy stuff, and Astronomy.
I've had RPGMaker MV on steam for a long time now but I never got the motivation to work on it, until recently when I chanced to play a game I really enjoyed that was make in MV. So I decided to give it an honest go and make a game.

Unfortunately, I don't really know where to start. Just having a blank canvas to work with doesn't seem like it's getting me anywhere so I thought I would first go find some public assets, if there are any, and start learning by tinkering with those. And so I'm here to get in touch with the community and bother ask about stuff, learn and create.

If anyone is kind enough to provide some resources for RPGMaker MV, I would greatly appreciate it. It's nice to meet all of you, and hopefully I wont be too much of a bother/lurker. xD

SGHarlekin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't bother too much with extra resources for your very first game, especially when you don't even know what to make.

There's 2 approaches in my opinion. Sit down, watch a multitude of tutorial videos on how to make stuff.

My approach was just sit down, fiddle around with it. Learn as you go. It helps if you already have a rough idea of what features your game should have.

If you don't know where to start, start by figuring out what kind of game you want to make. "RPG" is a very broad genre. What are some specific features you 100% want in it? Start there.

Personally, I start with a map most of the time. The first town perhaps. It just gets me into the whole mindset and gives me something to look at.

Hope that helps a bit. If you want, you can add me on discord too.
Simple Gaming Harlekin#0759

Oh, and welcome to the crew! :D

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first resource is right on your computer :wink:

Click Help and do the tutorial. When you've finished it, go to YouTube and go through the tutorial series by Echo607, SumRndmDde, DriftWood. On the top of this page, click Blog and filter by Tutorials.

The last isn't an actual series of tutorials, but it's good to see what articles are there so when you think, in a few weeks, "I'd like to do this," you know there's already an article about it.

Once you've smashed together a few game-like things doing all of those tutorials, then you can start doing something that interests you.

TabletopWeeb

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the forums Sage! :kaohi:
No worries about bothering folks here; From what little experience I've got here, they're a patient, charitable lot with a seemingly infinite wealth of information at their disposal. As the old adage goes, "there's no such thing as a stupid question".
If I recall, the classical planets will be aligning later this week. Might be something worth looking out for!

Gunmetal_Dreams

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I'm a bit lacking in creativity, but I'm determined to make a game myself

Makes two of us, welcome to the RPGMaker community, all the best with your game! :thumbsup-left:

Mike-Turtle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Inspiration: I started by making a game for someone I knew, as a gift. Just something funny and personal, and that I knew would make them laugh based off our personal history. Perhaps you could start by doing something like that?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

eris2.png
just 1 more then I'm done with these sheets *tears of joy*
Im free today . finally have some time to continue coding . yes!
Regret that I wasn't able to actually finish my igmc entry in time for the actual igmc. Will probably just offload it as a standalone thing.
I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuylar