I'm a newbie and I have some question

freddiehogan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, let me begin by saying I'm not terribly interested in making games. What I WOULD like to do is create awesome cutscenes/battle reenactments for a D&D campaign that I run... Would this be a good fit, in the opinion of the collective wisdom of the RPG Maker forum readers?

Froggo32

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish, English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe, because here people share lots of ideas and maybe you would find some inspiring or interesting. I think that for making cutscenes, knowing how to create games is important, unless you aren't doing the script, only cutscene, but still knowing how to make a game is a good thing because one day you might actually want to do that, and making games is a cool hobby imo.
i think making cutscenes is very interesting job and I wish you good luck. May you find inspiration and good advice here!

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, RPG Maker would work for this purpose. However, creating Cut-scenes is no easy task so you need to learn the basics of organizing and setting up events in the right order.

The commands to make basic cut-scenes are all in the engine and can be accessed with the click of a button, You just need to have a good imagination and know what does what (Which is possible after a few days of playing around with the engine).

I'm not sure what you mean by Battle-reenactments ? It would require a lot of effort to replicate a Battle, I'm not saying its not doable but it would be quite complicated and honestly, probably not worth the effort and time.

PS : Knowing how flexible this Engine is and how many new Plugins keep getting added constantly, I wouldn't be surprised if there is actually a D&D Styled Battle Plugin out there that proves me wrong and does exactly what you intend to do with the battle reenactment part.

Jennavieve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could definitely do that with RPG Maker. It might be more time consuming than it's worth though, depending on what exactly you're looking to do. If you have the time to sink into it though then it would work nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostPunishR