RMMV I'm confused with MOG hunter's enemy poses plugin

Hexx_Vixtar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, so I'm looking into the sprite of mog hunter's enemy poses plugin and I'm kinda confused at how I want to make this work. I mainly have two things I'm confused at:

1. there is a example sprite sheet of the enemy pose, which is a slime, but I have no idea what the 2nd sprite from the left is for. This is what the sprite sheet looks like:
Slime[Poses].png
I know the left most one is just regular pose, 2nd from the right is attack, and the right most one is damaged/low health pose, but it's the 2nd one from the left that I just not sure what it is. it's not an abnormal pose, nor it is a buff/debuff pose. I can't code well so idk how to read the plugin coding to know what that's supposed to be for.

2. is there anyway around making the damaged pose not also be a low health pose? from a short test it seem that the damaged pose (most right sprite) is also used when the enemy is low health. is there a way around this so that it doesn't use that sprite for the low health? I want to know since while slime can somewhat make sense, it be a bit odd if say... the enemy is a human, since it would make sense for a damaged pose (ex. getting knocked back) to be different from when it has low health (ex. kneeling down)

If someone knows more about this it would be greatly appreciated if you could explain it to me. thx in advance

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there should be a line what index to what (same for default
character sheet as SV).

but it can be the one of the following (but I need to check the plugin)
to be sure how the index are readed:

1) Idle, magic, attack, dead
2) idle, guard, attack, dead

but if you can increase the index to 5 or 6, than the plugin helpfile
should give you inside how those are readed, my guess is option 2.

EDIT:
as a quick look, the 2nd index (green slime), is when the enemy is
on LOW HP.

idle, almost dead, attack, dead

so when the slime has 100HP, and HP critical on <30 HP, the green slime
index is being displayed.

Hexx_Vixtar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there should be a line what index to what (same for default
character sheet as SV).

but it can be the one of the following (but I need to check the plugin)
to be sure how the index are readed:

1) Idle, magic, attack, dead
2) idle, guard, attack, dead

but if you can increase the index to 5 or 6, than the plugin helpfile
should give you inside how those are readed, my guess is option 2.

EDIT:
as a quick look, the 2nd index (green slime), is when the enemy is
on LOW HP.

idle, almost dead, attack, dead

so when the slime has 100HP, and HP critical on <30 HP, the green slime
index is being displayed.
oh really? that's very strange, cuz when I test it in-game, it shows the most right sprite when it's on low health instead of the green slime. you seem to know more about coding, could you see what's wrong with the code for it to show the wrong sprite? maybe I could edit the plugin on my end and test it out

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it's not the dead sprite on the end, than I need to re-check of the index
of those, but there isn't much info on the code, but I'm learning JS still,
so I can understand what it says.

I dont use the plugin, but it also seems max poses = 4.
index 0, 1, 2, 3 so far I see.

Hexx_Vixtar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have very little knowledge about java scripting, I only learn a very tiny bit from yanfly's tips and tricks with the plugins. from my short look ik they have 4 index but I have 0 clue what the 2nd one (index 1) is used for and whether I can edit the plugin to have 5 index to differentiate damaged and low health pose.

from the test, the 4th sprite is a damaged sprite, a sprite that appears if the enemy is damaged from an attacked. it also seem that it's used as a low health sprite where it replace the idle sprite when hp is low. but beside this I don't know what else it could be. it's not a sprite for dodging attacks, not one for states. and it's not for the default buff/debuff of rpg maker. so I'm drawing a blank on what it could be used for.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
* The pose image is one file in which four types of images with the same width as the original image are prepared and arranged side by side.
* There are 4 types: standby, recovery, attack, damage, and low remaining HP.

From the help, it appears that the second pose is "recovery" and will show when the battler regains a resource.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I couldn't find recovery from either the helpfile or it's code anywhere,
but it could make sense when I test it with state if it could change.

but Trihan may have it right if you can test it :)

I didn't know that either though, but if it is recovery, the problem
would be solved :)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I couldn't find recovery from either the helpfile or it's code anywhere,
but it could make sense when I test it with state if it could change.

but Trihan may have it right if you can test it :)

I didn't know that either though, but if it is recovery, the problem
would be solved :)

It's on here if you translate the last sentence into English.

Do you have a working link for the plugin? The original site was deleted.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it has a new website, it was given on some forum pages here,
and I got the master demo with all plugins on it, but that line
wasn't on the MV plugin though unless it was added later or on
version MZ only for now.

But thanks for letting us know though =)

Hexx_Vixtar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
* The pose image is one file in which four types of images with the same width as the original image are prepared and arranged side by side.
* There are 4 types: standby, recovery, attack, damage, and low remaining HP.

From the help, it appears that the second pose is "recovery" and will show when the battler regains a resource.
oh hey, you're the one who helped me with galv add-on, didn't expect to see you again here. also thx for that info, I haven't even considered recovery as a possible pose. I'll check it out later, thx for the help (both to you and ShadowDragon). now only thing that would make this perfect is if I could somehow make it have 5 index and differentiate damage pose from low health pose (or alternatively just deactivate low health pose). It doesn't feel right begging for everything but if you know a sollution do you mind helping out again? if not then ig it's fine, I'll just try to make a damage pose that could also work with low health (or just not use it in the first place, I'll think about it later)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
oh hey, you're the one who helped me with galv add-on, didn't expect to see you again here. also thx for that info, I haven't even considered recovery as a possible pose. I'll check it out later, thx for the help (both to you and ShadowDragon). now only thing that would make this perfect is if I could somehow make it have 5 index and differentiate damage pose from low health pose (or alternatively just deactivate low health pose). It doesn't feel right begging for everything but if you know a sollution do you mind helping out again? if not then ig it's fine, I'll just try to make a damage pose that could also work with low health (or just not use it in the first place, I'll think about it later)
Shouldn't be hard to modify the plugin to have an additional pose but I can't download it as the site for it no longer exists and I can't find it anywhere else.

Hexx_Vixtar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shouldn't be hard to modify the plugin to have an additional pose but I can't download it as the site for it no longer exists and I can't find it anywhere else.
ah yeah, apparently mog hunter lost someone precious to them and did smth stupid (aka delete their website and stuff). they made a new website here. with all their plugin. there's no 1 plugin download doe, so you gotta download the master demo file with all the plugins

P.S. it's not me who says they're stupid, they did. iirc one of their tweet mention how when you lose someone precious you do stupid things, such as deleting their site.

Hexx_Vixtar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey so... I know I'm basically a beggar here so I don't exactly have the right to rush people but... have you figure out how to edit the plugin? if not I can still wait (or just find a way around it the problem). sry if I'm rushing you, I'm sure you have other more important things to do. anyways, I'll still be here waiting if you ever find how to edit the code :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1653529725808.png
>Wake up in the night
>Can't sleep
>Draw little freak
>Come up with pancake based puns for attacks
>Back to bed
UHHHHH. What is this and how did someone find my game on here? 1653527395160.png
ScreenShot_5_25_2022_7_37_13.png

my game has distinct areas where travel through what are known as "battle stations" these are more or less areas to explore and fight. occasionally, you'll stumble across secret rooms with sidequests ready to be taken. this area is in the high school attic of all places... but how do ya get there is the question.
Redoing my intro scene for the 10 millionth time is pain
So this flat Earther named Mike Hughes build his own rocket to prove that the Earth was flat. But on liftoff he still had the ladder he climbed up to the rocket laying against it. Needless to say things didn't go as planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanji