I'm getting a different audio issue than most...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Seven Rain, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Seven Rain

Seven Rain Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been experiencing the same lag/delay when trying to play audio files in MV, including during gameplay, (which is very frustrating. I'd rather not have songs take 3-5 seconds to start playing throughout the entire game,) and this hasn't been remedied by removing all the m4a files as other threads have mentioned.

The more concerning problem, though, is this error that keeps popping up;

[​IMG]

When this error pops up all audio in RPG Maker MV stops playing altogether, and the program needs to be restarted for anything to be played again.

I converted all the .mp3 files I was using for VXAce to .ogg for MV, and some of them cause this error outright every time I try to play them. I can chalk it up to a bad conversion, but even the built-in RTP tracks will cause this randomly. Sometimes I can listen to a dozen songs before it pops up, sometimes it pops up on the first track I try to play.

As frustrating as the auto-tile lag and delayed audio issues are, this is the worst one yet, but I've only seen a couple other people actually mention having this problem, and not a single one of them on these forums.

What is QtWebEngine? A google search returned nothing that sounds like it has anything to do with RPG Maker or .ogg files, so I'm really confused here. Regardless of whether it works properly or not, I'd like to know why this process needs to run with MV, and why it's such a memory/cpu hog, to boot.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Elmlor.com Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh boy Qt now I see why the binary is so bloated lol. 

That process has sure went bad no way in hell should eaten up 400mb+ 

EDIT: to answer your question QT cross-platform application development framework for desktop. The Web Version is using pretty much built in chromium via the exe. 

3. Hoppy

Hoppy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Another thing on the list to be updated and fixed just ewww, it should not be taking up 464 MB of ram.

4. Seven Rain

First Language:
    English
    I just didn't know if it's something wrong on my end that's messing with it, or the other way around. I haven't seen anyone other than a few anonymous posts elsewhere reporting this issue, so I've been increasingly worried that there's something up with my system and not MV.

5. Kane Hart

First Language:
    English
    If you like and are able to upload the auto files I can try them and see if the converting it cause some sort of error that's screwing up the QT Libs or if it's something else. 

At this point we need to see if others are having it but either way bad audio files or not you are not really to blame.

6. Seven Rain

First Language:
    English
    You mean audio files? I could try that, but I'm pretty sure this error popped up randomly before I even converted anything. The converted files are just more likely to cause it. (I also don't know a quick/simple site to upload a file with.)

7. Kane Hart

First Language:
    English
    Ahh, If you can't keep repeating it over and over then no worries I doubt that is what it is... But it seems like a nasty memory leak.

This is what one would call a memory leak :)

8. Seven Rain

First Language:
    English
    Well there is at least one specific song I converted that crashes it 100% of the time, but generally it's random, though it's always inevitable. I don't think I can play more than a dozen songs before one of them gives me the QT error, RTP or otherwise.

9. Kane Hart

First Language:
    English
    Wow you are right there is a massive issue here. Just watching the process play/stop play/stop that memory usage is insane. Not light weight at all holy crap. 

10. Seven Rain

First Language:
    English
    I take it I should report this in the Official Bug Report thread? Or is this thread sufficient for getting any of the staffs' attention?

11. Kane Hart

First Language:
    English
    You should make a report on the official one. But we can use this to talk about it more. I'm going actually try something if I can with qt. Sadly this might have a issue more with the libs then RPG Maker meaning the bug might end up having them harass QT... Who knows if that will work out.

I want to try new qt libs if possible. 

12. Kane Hart

First Language:
    English
    I'm too lazy to recompile the QT Libs. I was trying find some pre-compiled binaries. Either way to the devs maybe suggest them in your bug report to update the Qt Web Libs as it has fixed quite a few issues. Right now their using QtWebEngine 5.4.1.0 There is a 5.5 and 5.6 branch out:

https://github.com/qtproject/qtwebengine/tree/5.6

Not sure if 5.6 stable or not but 5.5 should. 

13. Seven Rain

First Language:
    English
    I went ahead and quoted it over to the bug report thread. That'd surely do better good than me trying to make any sense of it and re-explaining it over there.

Hopefully something helpful comes out of this thread/the report.

14. monkeyintartan

monkeyintartan TartanMonkey Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I have the same issue with the audio, When i test play and sometimes in the editor there is a delay for the sound and then it will randomly cut out or distort sound as your playing as well. And i am only using the Sound that comes with MV for now.

15. Shake0615

Shake0615 Reanimator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep. Same issue here. Delays and the QTWebEngine stuff. Has there been an official response to this particular issue?

So I downloaded the files you linked but I have no idea what to actually do with them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  16. Bicept

Bicept Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have 3-5 second delay in music in-game. No errors or stuttering though. In the editor when I click Play for music sometimes it does nothing at all...

17. Seven Rain

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, that seems to be the most common audio problem, but it seems very few people are actually getting the QtWebEngine crash. I wonder if the program is eating up memory for everyone having audio delays, but only very rarely does it actually crash on people like it does me.

You should check and see if a process called "QtWebEngineProcess.exe" is eating up a lot of memory in your Task Manager when playing .ogg files.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  18. Bicept

Bicept Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yup it uses more memory depending on the length of the ogg that I play. It shoots up about 40k per play and goes back down to normal after about 5 seconds but rapid stop/plays will cause it to stop working. Also playing an ogg that is too long will shoot the memory up to over 350k and then it just stops working and locks in the memory.

The "QtWebEngineProcess.exe" doesn't show up during test play so the editor music crashing and the in-game music delay seem to be separate issues entirely.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  19. Seven Rain

First Language:
    English
    Yeesh, that just hurts even more. With so much focus on the testing and editor lag I hope these BGM issues get fixed too, and not just swept under the rug.

20. Mieze

Mieze Maker Freak Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I Have this Problem to. 

Is there already a solution for it ?