I'm getting a script error, but I haven't touched the scripts?

Hollystar311

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello lovely people. I'm having a bit of an issue here and I really don't know what to do as I'm super inexperienced with scripts. When I loaded up my project today and went to playtest I got an error message. I figured I must have accidentally erased part of the line or something because I can't think of any other reason for this to be happening. So I created a new project and copy pasted the script back into mine, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

I've been working stupidly hard on this game and it makes me really nervous to be having a problem with something I know next to nothing about with no explanation for why it's happening.

1619619166701.png
1619619557275.png

rexie09

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How many actors are in you're game right now ?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What custom scripts do you have in your game?

Thefirelion

TheFireLion Game Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This also happens in vanilla project?, occurs on all maps you do the test on?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hollystar311
"of nil" means that the engine is missing data.
if you don't have scripts, that means that you deleted something from the database that is still in use in another part of the database.

for example deleting an enemy and then starting a battle with a troop that originally contained the now deleted enemy
or deleting a class that is still used by an actor, and then using that actor in the game
or deleting an item that was set as default equipment for your actors

and so on.

Wyrelade

Wyrelade - The one and only.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did this ever get fixed for you?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did this ever get fixed for you?
I assume so, because I posted the description of the cause above.
All the OP needed to do is to check what he deleted in the database to cause the error and replace it.

However, that does not automatically mean that a similar error has the same cause, because what looks similar to a non-programmer can be something completely else.
That is why the mods on this forum ask everyone to post their own topic for their own errors, never assuming that two cases are the same.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)
Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AstralCola