I'm having a font (source) error.

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Liger, Feb 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Liger

Liger Warper Member

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm new here ... And the worst that I do not understand very well English ... I'm a Brazilian. So I'm using google translator. I'm sorry for something wrong. : D

I changed the font ( source ) of the rpg maker to MS Mincho. So every time I press the space character instead of aparacer the space appears this: http://prntscr.com/iiegpf

It is not from the font (source) because I made an image with it ..

Code of my main:

Code:
    #==============================================================================
    # ** Main
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #  Após a definição de cada classe e modulo, o processamento real inicia aqui.
    #==============================================================================

Font.default_name = ["MS Mincho"]
    Font.default_size = 22

rgss_main { SceneManager.run }

I hope help. Thanks for reading.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Did you have a particular reason for including your code in the 'Main' script instead of putting it into its own slot above Main and below Materials?

3. Liger

Liger Warper Member

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No. I not have a reason. But the font is works. But the 'space' not works.

4. Mawichan

Mawichan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I managed to reproduce the error, but I have no idea what could be causing it. I just did what you did.
    Maybe you need to change your computer's system locale to Japanese. A lot of the time, symbols showing up as gibberish can be solved by changing the system locale. But then that could mean that even with the same file the error could reappear for users whose system locale is not set to Japanese (I say Japanese because from what I've read, that's what the font was intended for.)