Cupcakes Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Heya everyone :)

as the topic says, i've been having this problem for a quite a time

when i was young i remember it was coming to me but it was no problem, just a very weak version of it.

i didn't stutter as much and it didn't bother me.

But lately it returned, it returned about 1 year ago and this time it's continuing to develop, 

right now i am really scared to talk to people or even do anything.

when i'm very comfortable (with family and friends) i rarely stutter, and Stress or being nervous Powers-up my stuttering chances.

When i want to order something from KFC or something, and i stutter about any meal name they have.

i stay silent trying to pronounce it with no Luck.

and the receptionist goes like "Hello? are you there?"

sometimes i completely change the meal into something else that i don't want to eat

sometimes i hang up.

i'm afraid to talk to new people and i'm afraid of what's to come in school if the summer break is over.

i'm a student that usually known between teachers as "Good student with good grades"

i Enter competitions, i sometimes do a "Acting" on stage (talking about a certain thing like how we can become clean or how to choose your good friends, it's all an act)

and next year, if i still have this stuttering problem, it will stop me from doing all these stuff, imagine me going on a stage then suddenly staying silent for a long time then stressing and maybe i would run out of the stage.

i want to talk freely again, this has been very hard for me.

Are there any tips?

i don't really want to take any Pills that calms me down when i'm stressing or stuff.

i need everyone's help :(

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Stuttering is often a stress issue - but pills are very unlikely to be needed here. Best thing you can do right now is pinpoint the source of the stuttering/stress, try to resolve it, seek advice and guidance if you need to (eg counsellors) and if that doesn't resolve it, then take it a step up.

JaiCrimson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Accept the stutter. Become the stutter. Realize the stutter will make you powerful -  and unique. The stutter will evolve into your selling point. Soon you will be the Stutter God and all will broil with the envy that the all powerful Stutter creates within them.

There's a study I was reading in a book about why Charles Dickens' characters are so memorable and powerful. It talked about eccentricity and how being eccentric is found to be statistically higher in relation to higher intelligence than normalcy. Basically, let the weirdness make you strong and rise above those mortal non-stutterers.

MUAHAHAHAHA
SOURCE: http://salempress.com/press_titles.html?book=144

Also my ninja Vince has a stutter problem which is no problem at all. It hasn't stopped him from getting a girlfriend and he's also not a bad rapper.

Last edited by a moderator:

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Like Hotfire said, a sudden resurgence of a stutter you had under control is very likely connected to stress or anxiety. Now, I'm not going to ask you to air your personal business here. But, have there been any big changes in your life? Something that's been weighing on you?

I don't think medication or even speech therapy would be necessary. Granted, I am in no way a professional. But I really think that once you address whatever is causing your anxiety, you will get your voice back.

TalalAlgreby

Cupcakes Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
@hotfirelegend it is, but sometimes i stutter without being nervous which actually makes me nervous when i start to stutter.

sometimes, being afraid of "stuttering" before starting a conversation might be what causes the stutter

@jaicrimson hahaha XP

i've read an article that has a similar meaning to what you're pointing here, but i didn't quite get it

@captainproton Yep there was, i don't really like to talk about it and i like to keep it personal.

i guess this is a stress problem, i'll try to find my own way to overcome stuttering.

Thank you all :D

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's not rare at all to be stressed and be unaware of it.  Usually that type of stress is so generalized that you have no idea your baseline has shifted.  One time I was just sitting doing my normal job that I had been for months, nothing to trigger a stressful moment and suddenly had a panic attack so bad I was rushed to the ER.  Turned out I hated my job and hadn't a clue that I did until I had the attack.  That isn't the only time something like that has happened to me either, just the one that makes the best story.  Everything you've described so far sounds like the same thing as a panic attack, just a different expression of it.

Yes, being worried about stuttering would definitely cause the stuttering.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been away for awhile, but here's some new free music. This one is kind of weird or experimental and not sure how I'd classify it. But, hopefully someone will find it useful!

I'm working with Excel today, and I just hate VBA so much. It's like the designers said "How can we make a programming language that works as obtusely and inefficiently as possible?"
Beep-Beep-Motha-facka.gif

Just finished and uploaded the delivery truck base/sprite sheet. I've been steadily replacing the default assets with early modern alternatives. The air-ship for a biplane, horse-drawn wagon for a delivery truck, and next a sailboat for a steam-powered passenger liner (think of the SS Olympic and RMS Titanic).
I caught a shiny magikarp on pokemonGO today AND finally saw Detective Pikachu and it was so cute and I'm still so hype AHHHHH!!!
one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trex1930