i'm having trouble with YEP.32 – Class Change Core

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by gigaswardblade, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Rei_Venom

Rei_Venom Just Another Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, it needs the index of what face and world sprite it’s using. Upper left is 0 and lower right is 7 I believe. Try that and see if it works.

2. gigaswardblade

gigaswardblade narcisistic narcoleptic Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the first 2 use 0. im pretty sure the battle sprite doesn't matter since its just 1 image.

3. Rei_Venom

Rei_Venom Just Another Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would be correct. It needs to be in the code for what image to pull though

4. gigaswardblade

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    but what would that look like in the note tag?

5. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    1. When you say a new project, I'm assuming the only plugins in the plugin manager are Yanfly Core Engine and Class Change Core.
    2. For future refrence when ordering your Yanfly Plugins follow how the plugins are listed here, for optimal compatibly or you'll end up with bugs and problems.

Now on to the notetag problem:
    In the Actor Notetag Box I'm using this Notetag settings:
    <Class x Face: filename y>
    <Class x Character: filename y>
    <Class x Battler: filename>

For the example notetag setting below, Let's say this is for Class 3, the actor faceset name is "CarmeonFighter" and I want to use the 5th face(or the first one in the second row in a stardand 2x4 faceset); the actor character sheet name is "MainCharacters_1" and I want to use the 3rd character(the third one in the first row in a standard 2x4 character sheet) and I'm going to use the battler "CarmeonFighterB"

Here's my notetags:

<Class 3 Face: CarmeonFighter 4>
    <Class 3 Character: MainCharacters_1 2>
    <Class 3 Battler: CarmeonFighterB>

6. MegamanOmega

MegamanOmega Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No the plugin itself says the notetag is <Class x character: filename y>. X gets replaced with the class id, filename gets replaced with the image name your using in the character folder, y tells it which of the images in the file it's loading. So in this example your changing the field sprite and those sprite sheets have 8 characters on them. Starting from the top left the index for those sprites is 0 through 7. So your character notetag should look like this <Class 1 character: squiremale y(whatever it's index is.)>

7. gigaswardblade

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OH MY GOD IT DIDNT WO- just kidding, it worked. it turns out i never assigned the Y to any number. i just assumed Y also meant the name of the file. it feels like yanfly never really specifies with their steps. they just say add <dsagshgh X Y Z> to notepad. good luck with the rest!

Rei_Venom and SmashArtist like this.