I'm here to flop

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by AmatureStudent, Aug 15, 2019.

1. AmatureStudent

AmatureStudent I am not a Robot Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there, mid-term lurker who thought it prudent to finally make an account! I'm currently a University student learning the ins and outs of Games Design and Creative Writing whose fiddled around with the RPG Maker programs for a good few years now, but never made anything substantal or publishable (not counting those terrible first time releases back when I was 13 that mysteriously were burned away in my old computer).

After finishing up a fairly draining summer project, I've decided to invest my free time into a game I'm actually setting out to finish to keep me busy and in the right mindset. Well, first game that wasn't a project for my University I've even actually written out a plan this time instead of pulling every step out of my arse and winging it from there.

Bold new strategy, I know.

It has a high likelyhood of being a disaster in the end, but ten again, you can never really know how to do something rihgt until you've done it wrong... A couple hundred times.

So, hello, I'm me and I can't wait to cosntantly pester you guys for every step I slip up on.

Jaded likes this.
  2. Jaded

Jaded Jaded from Seaweed village Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    lol, reading this makes me want to go back and rewrite my intro! :p

This is just the opposite for me, I have plans in my head (and some on paper) of games I plan to make one day. With this, I am just winging it and seeing what comes out.

3. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    welcome to the community,

we hope you enjoy and we help you if needed :)

Jaded likes this.
  4. AmatureStudent

AmatureStudent I am not a Robot Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, it's just a forum intro. Nothing in need of rewrites :D

Some people can make that work, but I find that method usually leads to easy burn out and tempting procrastination. Or maybe I'm just unmotivated because I didn't start actually completing games and other projects until people started giving me deadlines and guidelines. lol

And I hope you'll tolerate me when I poke for help ten tiimes a day :D

5. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    tiny reminders: "Google is your friend", so are tutorials and if not mentions on the site, I'm gladdy to help you
    unless other peoples read it first and help you out. ^^

I cant stay awake for hours and busy in real life (like most peoples).