I'm just looking for a Sword Fish Sprite.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Resource Type: Swimming Characters

Maker Format: RPG Maker VX Ace

Art Style: Ace RTP

Description: I'm hoping to find either a premade swimming swordfish sprite or someone who is kind enough to make one for me. I need it to match the rest of the VX Ace Sprites. It is for a swimming level where the character has to avoid getting hit by the swordfishes. The swordfishes will be patrolling left and right or up and down.

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've made one that can go left and right on Gimp...though I am having troubble making him go up and down...the nose is a little difficult to do when you have to loot straight at it...feel free to edit it if you want to =)

index.php

Attachments

• Fish.png
    Fish.png
    3 KB · Views: 81

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not to sound ungrateful but is it possible to make them look more like swordfish and less like dolphins with long noses?

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unnamed.gif
i used this as refference..
and the img from Binder28 as base
.. its still not perfect and i had to use the Size of "$bigMonster1" .. but pehaps that helps..
also free to edit and to use ect..
(the PinkGrid on the south is an orientation help and can be deleted or copied over the other IMG part)
$Swordfish.png

Attachments

• $Swordfish.png
    $Swordfish.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think a sowrdfish is a little difficult to draw because it's very long...so it would need to be very long on the sprites that look to the side and very tall on the sprites that look up and down...that's why I tried to do it in aa small grid...do they need to turn from up/down to left/right? Because that way it's possible to make two different grids for each of the movements paterns...they just couldn't change from horizontal to vertical

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
View attachment 172172
i used this as refference..
and the img from Binder28 as base
.. its still not perfect and i had to use the Size of "$bigMonster1" .. but pehaps that helps..
also free to edit and to use ect..
(the PinkGrid on the south is an orientation help and can be deleted or copied over the other IMG part)
View attachment 172179
Could you make some that are facing up and down too?
@Binder28 I understand. I could also just use the monster size events so they fit.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you make some that are facing up and down too?
for that i would need to re-draw it and i am not so good in drawning..if somebody can scatsh/draw the base, i can add some details..

Last edited:

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
for that i would need to re-draw it and i am not so good in drawning..if somebody can scatsch/draw the base, i can add some details..

I can try it just like I did the other ones...but I don't know how long it's going to take...also the ibternet on my compuyer died so I can't really post it for now lol

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry for double posting...put I needed to bump this up so the creator of the topic would see it =)...here is the best I could do...feel free to edit it in any way you want =)

$Swordfish.png

Last edited:

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for double posting...put I needed to bump this up so the creator of the topic would see it =)...here is the best I could do...feel free to edit it in any way you want =)

View attachment 172288
great work!

i recolored it a bit made the up/down side part longer, added some moving edits on the back parts of SV..
and added some color effects which i use for magic weapons..
i think that way it looks not so much like a delphin^
zoomed in example:
Screenshot_1.png

its not so much green and yellow like in the reference image but also not only purple ..
-> if i would go more into green/yellow than it would not fit so good with the purple base..

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 4

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?
I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?
I see a button in a game, I press it. Cannot resist the temptation even if I know it's a trap.
There's a different game over screen for each of the 4 endings in Forest Star (my Touch the Stars game jam entry). Have you seen this one? :wink:
PartyGameOver.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinokami