I'm ordering animated sprites that will be upscaled to 128x128 for my game, is this an okay size?

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using the old style of battle, front view or whatever it's called. I want animated enemy sprites. 4 frames for idle, and 8 frames for attacks.

I want to make sure this is an okay size and that there's a plugin out there which would let me have animations like this.

Can someone offer some help?

shockra

Bored Code Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
128x128 shouldn't be a problem, especially since in MZ, screen size can be changed in the system settings. As for making them animated, that's a little tougher. By default, the enemies are just 1 static image, so the plugin would have to change the sprite itself. I'm sure it's possible, and I know that plugins exist that already change the enemy sprite settings, but I don't know if your exact setup already exists. My guess is you'll need to get a custom plugin to animate the enemies in that specific way.

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
128x128 shouldn't be a problem, especially since in MZ, screen size can be changed in the system settings. As for making them animated, that's a little tougher. By default, the enemies are just 1 static image, so the plugin would have to change the sprite itself. I'm sure it's possible, and I know that plugins exist that already change the enemy sprite settings, but I don't know if your exact setup already exists. My guess is you'll need to get a custom plugin to animate the enemies in that specific way.

Thank you for the information. I'm aware there's a plugin commission area of this site. Know anyone who'd be good to ask for this? I don't have access yet.

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
VisuStellaMZ's BattleCore plugin boasts "Animated Side View battle support for enemies," so that might be a good place to start, but I haven't really messed with that at all. On the bright side, it's one of the freebies, so if it doesn't do what you need, no harm done.

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
VisuStellaMZ's BattleCore plugin boasts "Animated Side View battle support for enemies," so that might be a good place to start, but I haven't really messed with that at all. On the bright side, it's one of the freebies, so if it doesn't do what you need, no harm done.
I'm looking for animated front view, so I'm not sure it would be appropriate for my project. Thank you for the recommendation though. I've been eyeing Visustella for a long time, but I heard they have a lot of compatability issues with plugins outside their ecosystem.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nugogo555