I'm using Yanfly's Party Manager and am running into a problem.

Jimmy456

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Howdy! So just as the title says, I'm using the Party Manager Plugin for a fun project I'm making for my friends. The idea is that there are about a dozen party members that can be swapped in and out at any time. This works perfectly fine.

What doesn't work is another part I've working on; I'm trying to make it so certain party combinations allow for certain skills. As an example, I have Brad and Donny. If the two are in the active party together, Brad gains a powerful attack to use in battle. But if Donny is in the reserves, Brad no longer has the powerful attack. Because of the way Party manager processes things though, even if Donny isn't in the active party it still gives Brad the powerful attack since he is technically in the party.

What's a way I could circumvent this issue? I appreciate all the feedback any of y'all can give!

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this would help or not, but have you looked at jays dual tech skills plugin?

Jimmy456

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this would help or not, but have you looked at jays dual tech skills plugin?
I have! And at first I was going to use it, however it seemed harder to setup for what I'm doing. Since I don't want to have both characters use a skill at the same time persay, and I just want the presence of both to allow for one party member to use a skill.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can probably use Yanfly Skill Core and use the custom show/requirement notetags.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe using Yanfly skill core, and setting custom requirement with Lunatic mode, you could use something like:

$gameParty.members().indexOf($gameActors.actor(ACTORID))

To see if the needed actor is in the right spot. This may not work as the skill requirement itself, because I think it checks what numbered position the actor is in, not just if he is in the actual battle party. However, if you could use this script call to check if the required actor is in position 1, 2, 3, or 4 (assuming you can only have 4 party members in battle) and then turn a switch ON if this is true.

Then you could use the custom skill requirement to check if the switch is set to ON.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe using Yanfly skill core, and setting custom requirement with Lunatic mode, you could use something like:

$gameParty.members().indexOf($gameActors.actor(ACTORID))

To see if the needed actor is in the right spot. This may not work as the skill requirement itself, because I think it checks what numbered position the actor is in, not just if he is in the actual battle party. However, if you could use this script call to check if the required actor is in position 1, 2, 3, or 4 (assuming you can only have 4 party members in battle) and then turn a switch ON if this is true.

Then you could use the custom skill requirement to check if the switch is set to ON.
Just to add on to this, when in battle $gameParty.members() only contains the battle party, so finding the index of an actor that is outside the battle party isn't necessary, and won't work in battle. $gameParty.battleMembers() always contains only the battle party, so you can use it to set the skill requirement instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jubacard