Image As Map?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Grinn, Apr 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Grinn

Grinn The Game Dev Wonder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok so I basically took a full resolution screen shot of a map I made and my artist friend drew over it (like a single PNG)

What would the easiest way to use that image as a background without chopping it up (I can if needed it will just be a bit of a pain).

Do a parallax maping technique? Dice it up and import it as pieces of a tileset and place them? Some script? Another more clever suggestion?

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, set it as a parallax.  Make sure the width and height are a multiple of 32x32, and your map width and height are set appropriately.  I think with Ace you will also need a parallax locking script.  There are a couple available.

3. Grinn

Grinn The Game Dev Wonder Veteran

First Language:
    English

Hmm so I have the right sized map, am using Yanfly's and it's not working. Shoot. I gotta go look more into this.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not familiar with Yanfly's script.  Yami has an overlay script that I believe will work with parallaxes.  

If you want help, post a link to the script and show us how you've got it set up, and what "it's not working" actually means.