Seyfert

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why is this sample ('studio') rendering distorted as such? It looks normally in the preview.
RPGMZ_eu2cvTDTVW.png

Last edited:

Seyfert

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's happening in standard home too, but no others that I can notice...
RPGMZ_4QcvXvyQfN.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you didn't give enough info to really decide what happened.

but as a first guess you made a mistake when defining the tileset and tilesheets.
either you placed a regular tilesheet into a slot for autotiles (there are six different formats for tilesheets, and each fits only into the slot it is designed for), or you have incomplete tilesheets, or you used pictures intended for parallax mapping as tilesheets.

please show us screenshots of your tileset definition in the database and the tilesheets themselves, not maps created from them, and we can check those possibilities.

Seyfert

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That is what happened basically, I tried to have a normal image as a tileset (didn't notice it replaced elements within this sample though, I only wanted to have another internal building elsewhere)... then deleted it, which left holes, but now seems back to normal after I replaced A4 etc...

How does this parallex mapping work? How else should I have handled this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How does this parallex mapping work?
a long time ago someone on this forum described it this way: regular tile-mapping to parallax mapping is 20% of the work for 80% of the quality of parallax mapping. Basically parallax mapping means that you make a background picture in an image program like Photoshop and then use that as a map.
And that is a lot more work and requires more RAM from the player computer, but allows you to circumvent tileset limitations.

How else should I have handled this?
What you should have done is to learn what the different tiles are intended for, and use them as they are supposed to be used.
The different tiles are there for reasons, and not to make things difficult for users. They only get problematic when a new user don't understand that there are different formats for tiles.

For example the A1 sheet cntains animated autotiles. Each animated autotile is a block of 144x288 pixels that is required to construct a single animated 48x48 pixel tile on a map. If you place regular 48x48 pixel tiles into that structure, you get a blinking mess similar to your screenshots - but if you place a tile that gives the correct data there it becomes animated water, animated lava or whatever.

The RPG-Makers are extremely powerfull in what they can do - but because of that you can't simply "learn by doing", you need to follow one of the tutorials to learn the basics.
If you follow the link to the "starting point" in my signature, you'll find links to some of the better tutorials for RPG-Makers. Ignore the comments about VXA and MV there - it goes for MZ as well as the basics haven't changed that much since Ace.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?
1623528827049.png
Ah yes. Just the reference I was looking for to use for my portrait. Thanks Google.
BCj
Made a logo for Mana Star :D
330bb1fde7bb06b13e23fefd83501163.png
it's e3 season again..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyuubito31