mike_312

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I wanted to know if you could put an image (such as an image of an enemy of those who already come predetermined in rpg maker) in the box of VL Fighter, that is to say in the image that would correspond to the player image in battle, use rpg maker mv, thank you!
1B692EF0-53B7-416E-81A0-08A0BDCD9566.jpeg

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you read the documentation section of the help file, you will see the specific requirements for a side-view battler.

You could take an image of an enemy battler and use an image editor to make a grid of the appropriate size where every cell is just filled with that image (you might want to flip it so it's facing the correct direction).

There might also be a plugin that does something like this for you.

mike_312

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really want to be able to invoke as a monster, fight for the character, pokemon/digimon style

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and what's stopping you from doing that?

your questions are a bit confusing because there should be no problem doing what you want, especially with the advice posted above.

mike_312

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing I asked is how I can change the image size for the side-battle system image, because when I put a normal image and not one of the character generator, I don't fit the image and nothing appears. I just wonder how I can change that to put a normal picture.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't - and that has absolutely nothing to do with image size, because the engine and editor accept almost any image size.

what is important to the engine is the cell numbers. each battler or sprite is required to consist of a specific number of cells to work. The size of the cell doesn't matter at all as long as their number is correct and all cells are the same size.

That is what the first answer above tells you: you need to use an image program to convert the enemy image into a battlersheet with the correct number of cells.

I once wrote this tutorial that should tell you the basics of the first steps:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raw2na