NovusPeregrine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
So, somewhat recently, Steam forced me to update Visual Novel Maker. Frankly, I was pissed off about that, since the version I had before was working and my experience with this engine and updates has been...poor. At first, this time it seemed there might not be a major issue. Until, that is, I went to test a bunch of new scenes. First, I ran into an issue where saved games wouldn't load, attempting to load any saved game, even a freshly made one, resulted in a crash/error. That issue I managed to resolve by updating to the current beta (v1101), only to run into another critical issue immediately. For some reason, every single image in the game is now broken. All of them. During migration, the projects seems to have lost track of where all the files were. Technically, I can manually fix them by going to each image in each scene and resetting where it's aimed.

THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION.

My project is over a year into development and contains well over 1,500 unique images, plus something in excess of 300 movie clips. Not to mention audio files, UI images, and more. It would take literally weeks to manually reset every single one of them. Please provide a solution that will actually fix this issue, or else provide instruction on how I can downgrade the project to a version in which this isn't broken. Given that one of the few good things the update I was forced into downloading was supposed to do was to not require files to be added via the resource manager, this is even stupider than it would be otherwise. As, since the file structure of the project hasn't changed at all, it should bloody well still know where everything is!

NovusPeregrine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
*taps the microphone* Hello? Is this thing on? This IS the official support forum, yes? A response would be nice.

TijerinArt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi, something similar happened to me; this happens because of the new folder order of the video game that makes a lot of things unbind. My solution was to go to steam and reinstall the previous version of the program.
If you need help with that I'll be waiting for your reply to help you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

back in April of 2019, I watched my friend's art stream on twitch. that was when I got inspired to draw most of the assets for my game. it's been a LONG journey since, but totally worth it.
RPG MZ multiplayer in development
Square-Enix, why you didn't released the classic Dragon Quests on Steam yet? :kaocry:
This is by far my most favorite boss monster I've made, its name is Gosck
Froggo is back after a long break!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twigsmcsquids