Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all, might not be posting this in the right thread, forgive me if so. I have made a map for a table top game but want to use it in my. When I put it into my the map image seems a bit unclear. Maybe because of higher resolution or something? I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make it look right. Any tips or adviceaybe?
Thanks for any help,

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Product Discussion and Support is for issues arising from dlc released by Degica.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@aston00 some of your sentences are incomplete, and that makes guessing what your problem is very difficult.
I have made a map for a table top game but want to use it in my. When
"In my WHAT?"

I assume you're talking about using a picture as a parallax - in that case a lot depends on how big your picture is and what the map properties are, because the parallax needs to be adjusted to map size.
Please give us the details of your picture and a screenshot of the map properties if you need help with that.

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Howdy and thanks for the reply :) Im sorry about my last message. I did not realize the spelling. I meant to say I want to use it in MV. Not in my lol
The map is of mountains and a river bed. I can not upload it here, it is to big. But I used the doodads plugin to put it in my game. Problem is the image is a bit unclear. I thought maybe because the image is to high of a resolution or something. I don't know much about this sort of thing. I thought to try maybe sharpening the image but I wanted to get advise first if possible. It just seems a tad blurred, something along those lines. The image properties are attached. Thank you lindlyproperties.png

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh, You wanted an image of the map properties in MV? lol , I wouldn't be using the image as a parallax like that. It will be with doodads. The problem I think is how the image was made in photoshop. I was trying to see if there was a way to make the image better on the eyes in game.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
doodads are not good for large images - it would be better if you use it as a parallax (background of the map).
And I wasn't interested in the file properties, but in the image properties - pixel size to be exact.

However the picture you gave already shows two other problems (that have nothing to do with your original problem:

For MV, all filenames have to follow networking rules or they will cause problems on deployment at latests (often earlier).
networking rules means latin letters only and a limited number of special symbols, but most importantly NO SPACES.
Please rename that file.
Second, it is better for the engines and games in general to use PNG, not JPG - PNG has transparency (alpha channel), JPG doesn't. And for that reason the entire MV engine is PNG-based.

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT
you have stored that file in Onedrive. There is no problem with that in itself, but the project folder MUST NOT BE CLOUDSYNC'ED.
You can use a cloudservice to distribute a finished game or for backups, but the working folder where you edit the project with RMMV (or any other RM) must never be cloudsync'ed. All RPG-Makers handle their files like a database, not like a regular saving program. And that means that if a cloudsync happens on a file that is open in the editor, that file gets destroyed and all its data is lost.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

I'm in desperate need of environment sprites and tilesets for my game. If anyone is interested please DM me im willing to pay.
All badges and prizes for the Let's Make a Scene Heart Edition event SHOULD be out. If you participated and haven't received either or both, send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTaco