Image Sequence Script

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Broyi, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broyi

Broyi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I wanted to ask if there's a script that can read and display an image sequence. For example, if I had images going from 1 to 3 named "Broyi_001.png" "Broyi_002.png" and "Broyi_003.png", I wished the script could display them one after the other, stopping in "Broyi_003.png", and allowing the game to continue. If possible, I wish it could use the layers, like a Show Picture command. (It would also be nice to set the script to search for the pictures in a folder that's not "Graphics/Pictures", too.)

The only way to event this would be displaying a picture, setting a Wait of 1 frame and after that, displaying another picture, but doing that when there's a particularly big amount of pictures can get very time consuming.

Is there a script that's able to display pictures in that way?

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a good day :kaopride:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    MOG Battleback EX does something of what you want but it is only in battles.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    check Modern Algebra's Advanced Text Series of scripts. That is less known than yanfly's message script, but has a lot more options. And those options include bust pictures and face animations controlled by show text text codes.

Even if that isn't exactly what you want, it would be easier to enter the animation sequence by text code than to use a sequence of show picture and wait.
    And you can make the message box invisible and without text if you don't need it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  4. Broyi

Broyi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Unfortunately, I think that repeats the image sequence because it's supposed to be used as an effect for the battlebacks.

I guess you're talking about Face Options? The thing about that it's that its optimized for animating the faces or busts- and using it for another type of animation might get tricky. For example,

[​IMG]

The only way to produce something like that with Face Options would be filling the text box with \f{"filename":n}, and then changing the poses of the large bust with \f{n} or setting it up as a talking animation, but if I did that it would repeat until the dialogue ends.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't say that it is a perfect solution, but it is better than a show picture/wait sequence.
    As for the repeat: there is another textcodes that force-closes the message at a given time, so it won't repeat but end when you give the command. You just need to include the correct wait and close codes.

6. Broyi

Broyi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [​IMG]

Just for context, this is how it appears in-game.
    There are three images displaying right now: the background, the character and the bars. And the window is transparent.

Are you talking about \^? Because it includes dialogue, I can't do that, specially because of the different reading speeds people may have. :kaosigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.