Image too large when I copy from sheet to map in photoshop

Candytrip

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I ran into a problem when I try parralax mapping.

I'm trying to save my map (70x60) as image in rpg maker MZ, but the map seems to lose some quality when I open it up in photoshop and zoom in, I don't really think that matters too much, since I'm just using it as the base to where I should put the copied images.

This is where I run into some issues. I bought this tileset, and when I try to copy a tile into the map in photoshop, the size of the tile is too large, it didn't happen when I did the same course of action in smaller maps.

I've searched the internet for people having similar problems, but only found threads with other engines used.

I have attached a file so you can see how it looks when I copy a tile.

Attachments

• TileTooBig.png
    TileTooBig.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 4

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Are you right-clicking the map and choose Save As Image, then opening in Photoshop and resizing it to the correct size (which would be 70x48 x 60x48 = 3360x2880)?

Apparently the Save As Image will only give you a full-sized image up to a certain size, and a 70x60 map is greater than that size, so it will save it at a 50% resolution.

You might have to just set your MZ zoom to 1:1, and take screenshots and join them together in Photoshop, or create 4 smaller maps that are 35x30 each, and copy/paste a quarter of your large map into each smaller one, then save as image for each of those and join them in photoshop.

Candytrip

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[move]MZ Support[/move]

Are you right-clicking the map and choose Save As Image, then opening in Photoshop and resizing it to the correct size (which would be 70x48 x 60x48 = 3360x2880)?
I didn't realise I should resize it, and that worked. Thank you very much for your quick reply and sorry for posting in the wrong section

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resizing it might cause it to be blurry though?

Candytrip

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Resizing it might cause it to be blurry though?
yes it does blurry, but I dom't think that is a problem since I just need it as the background to know where I should place the tiles :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png
Devil May Cry-Style Action Shooter in RPG Maker 2000! | RPG Maker News #75

So many good stat names, how do people chose!? :p
I am often just about to give in and ask for help in the forums, when I eventually figure things out myself. Spent almost the whole day with a minor issue, but in the and it's so satisfying that I didn't need to open a thread :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baghead