Images in battle using variables ( need help )

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by The_Sixth, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sixth

The_Sixth Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm having trouble getting images to appear in the battle screen, i have a variable that is constantly adding +1 to itself with the standard 'attack' skill via a common event, and i want images to appear on screen corresponding to each change in the variable. i tried using the 'Event Battle' on the troops page but there is no 'Condition: ' for Variable, i'm sure there's a way to go about this, I've also tried making a parallel process event on the game map itself and linked the variable to switches, but it wasn't working, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Parallel Processes (and autoruns) work on map only, not on screens - and the battlescreen is a screen, so all parallel processes from the map are automatically disabled.

You have to use the troop events, there is no other way.

However, the troop events work slightly different, that's most probably the cause of your problems. You especially need to know which span to set for a troop event if you want that to work correctly.

Please post screenshots of your troop events, then we can check where you made a mistake.

3. The_Sixth

The_Sixth Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Andar's mentioning of  - ''Parallel Processes (and autoruns) work on map only, not on screens - and the battlescreen is a screen, so all parallel processes from the map are automatically disabled.'' has helped me figure out a method that works in my case. 

As previously mentioned i was trying to display images on the battle screen using a variable that was attached to a skill by using

a Common Event. 

[​IMG]

My Common event [battle point adder] only manipulated the variable [Battle point bank] by adding ( +1) before and nothing else. I was attempting to make Parallel process Events on the map screen that were using the Variable [Battle point bank]'s current value as triggers to display images corresponding to it, and having that not work with image display directly, i attempted to have each page of the events link the variable to individual switches in the stead of images directly (so the troops page could use the switches to display the images). having no idea that the event's themselves didn't work on the battle screens.

Now knowing that the map event was a no-go i tried to replicate the created map event in common events, using the same common event that is

being called on by the skill. this is what i ended up with.

Using 'Conditional Branches' instead of event pages, i had them manipulate the switches. 

[​IMG]

....aaand the switches were being used by the troop Battle Event manager to call on images, i had 6 pages corresponding to the 6 switches.

[​IMG]

This is how i came to a solution for displaying images tied to variables in a battle screen.

Prior to posting i could not find anything except 'battler animations' results, so it is in my hopes that this can potentially help someone out. thanks again for the insight, and for anyone's time spent reading this!

This topic may now be closed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.