Calico_Bee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a plugin or something of some sort that lets you create dialogue like this? Like through a text message like format.
Capture.PNG

This isn't the best example but, think Simulacra/Sara is missing or Mystic Messager.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no

there are several different ways to do something that looks like this, it all depends on what features you want exactly and how much work you (as the developer) are willing to put into it.

for exanple one way to handle this would be to use show picture instead of show text - make the messages exactly like you want them in GIMP or Photoshop or whatever image program you like, including a real phone frame with a hand holding it as part of the picture.
But that would require a lot of pictures...

another way would be to use a messaging system that allows you to change size and position of the show text messages, then use a picture of a phone as a background and that show text with border set to invisible.

If you want a plugin to handle everything for you, you'll need to give better specification.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad_At_Scripting