Immersion - [#13/10/2019] - 0.2.4

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by Kvothe, May 22, 2019.

1. Kvothe

Kvothe The Bloodness Veteran

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @bazrat : Thanks dude!
    @so1us : Really, thank you man! This is good to know!

There is still a lot to do... however, I'll bring some news:

I'm creating a app for this plugin package on ElectronJS. The best thing is that is open-source, so people will can create any setup and so on. Take a look (I'm in the beggining). If you guys have any suggestion, please let me know!

Black Mamba and bazrat like this.
  2. so1us

so1us Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So I can't code to save my life but trust the direction you'll take the plugin will be useful for most people! Keep it up!

Kvothe likes this.
  3. Kvothe

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @so1us : thanks dude, I'm doing my best to create something that have a nice UI, for guys that cannot code, and still, creating something gorgeous.

Here guys: some new features of the app

4. dragonx777

dragonx777 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is very nice @Kvothe. I would very much like to use this in my project when it becomes available. Keep up the excellent work!

Kvothe likes this.
  5. Kvothe

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @dragonx777 : Thanks man that is good with airplane (references).

A speed video of me editing the lights & link to floor with the new editor. The ui will be more beautiful and useful when I release the first version to the public!

dragonx777, CoryH and bazrat like this.
  6. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow this is really coming along

Kvothe likes this.
  7. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This looks fabulous!

Kvothe likes this.
  8. Kvothe

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @bazrat : thanks for the support man!
    @Tea's Jams : Hahah thanks xD

Hi guys, now you can test over the editor and some other things of this plugin package.
    To download, go to the github page: https://github.com/DaxSoft/immersion_package
    Please, read the 'readme' on the page to instructions!
    Any doubt, share here :)

dragonx777, bazrat and ShadowDragon like this.
  9. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kvothe
    Just downloaded it. And, as you stated in your ReadMe, there are bugs:

First, I couldn't even get the test project to load. No worries though, as I copied all necessities into my project and updated the libs folder and so on (I made a backup first).

I get the following errors (attached). Also, when I do get it to work, I don't have access to the UI and the events on my map are missing. Unfortunately, I can't get the game to load consistently enough to share any more screenshots. In concept, I'm very excited, especially the SNES style movement. I'm sure I'm missing something, but not sure what it is. Please let me know if you need anything else.
    Screenshot 9_12_2019 1_47_17 PM.png Screenshot 9_12_2019 1_44_10 PM.png Screenshot 9_12_2019 1_42_58 PM.png

Kvothe likes this.
  10. Kvothe

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Have you tried to download via the dropbox? I mean, because there is the project test itself
    Because if you try to copy it to your project, you need to ensure as well that the 'index.html' is changed xD
    (to load the libraries and so on)

---

And, any plugin that works with Scene_Map, Game_Map, Game_Character class, I believe that will have some incompatibly issue

11. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I got the test file to work via the dropbox link. I wasn't able to take screenshots though. I can say that when I added a collision and tried to delete it, I got an error basically saying the item didn't exist. I also noticed that the preset collisions did not work either as I was able to walk through them. I think that I probably won't be able to use this as I'm using mostly Yanfly plugins and some others that I believe modify Scene_Map and Game_Map. dayum! XD

I was really hoping to use this. I would love to have an integrated time/weather system with pixel movement.

Kvothe likes this.
  12. Kvothe

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @dragonx777 : Wow, this is a thing that I have forget to change xD.
    'I also noticed that the preset collisions did not work either as I was able to walk through them.' did you test with the map editor turned off?
    'I think that I probably won't be able to use this as I'm using mostly Yanfly plugins and some others that I believe modify Scene_Map and Game_Map. dayum! XD' if is about scene battle, then no problem, however, if is.... there there is. But this is just the beggning, there will be a lot of things to create yet xD

13. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah. I turned the editor off and still had the collision issue. A lot of the plugins I'm using to hit on the Scene/Game_Map and Battle stuff. I'm hoping for compatibility soon. :)

Maybe I should just send you my project LOL

Kvothe likes this.
  14. Kvothe

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @dragonx777 : hmmm 'I turned the editor off and still had the collision issue' good to know. There is some few motives for this happen: as, I don't have setup well the collisions around the map, only at the base floor (and just for test), and, the collision of that player is wrong, it's using the default collision shape that doesn't match with the sprite size.
    ' I'm hoping for compatibility soon ' isn't that big to create compatibility, I can do it for some the most used plugins xD, however, I'll finish it up to the at least 0.5.0 version, before thinking about it.

There will be a lot of possibility with this package of plugin here. For example, with this collision and movement system, you can create platform games. Maybe on future, if people enjoy this package of plugin, I'll create the editor and make a support for platform games ^^

'Maybe I should just send you my project LOL' lmao Balthier, we will win the battle at end xD

15. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As I’ve said, I want this plugin. Especially because of the custom tile set I’m using for my world map and limitations of other collision (parallax is great for smaller maps but I create big) the Altimit (sp?) pixel movement works, but I’m limited to 999 events to code collisions and my map is much bigger around the edges to account for 999; never mind that it would leave me no more room for map events like towns and such (on-map encounters for example).

We will win the battle my friend! I’ll help in any way I can.

Kvothe likes this.
  16. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh man, did you know you can use comments in event pages to extend hitboxes with altimits?

Code:
    <collider>
    <rect x='0' y='0' width='1' height='1' />
    </collider>

That way you can use 1 event to cover a length of however long you need, would drastically reduce the events needed for using them as collision

Kvothe and Starbird_Resources like this.
  17. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No. I did not XD. I’ll give that a go. Thanks!

Kvothe and bazrat like this.
  18. Kvothe

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @dragonx777 : I see, I guess that you will have a better understanding about this package of plugin when I release the beta demo. Because there is a lot yet to create and this package of plugin miss the app (app that I'm creating on ElectronJS).

[hr]

I'll in future create a Patreon page to seek for supports (any value it's okay), because I really wish to let this package of plugin under MIT license. Everyone will win with this. However, I don't have any job on moment to support myself xD, so it shall be interesting to create a Patreon page, I believe.

On the next update, out of some bug fixed, it will have support for 'particles' and 'filters'.

[Particle]

[​IMG]

dragonx777 likes this.
  19. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A beta demo would be great. I’ll also be happy to support you by donating. Could we chat via PM?

Kvothe likes this.
  20. Kvothe

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @dragonx777 : I believe that the beta demo will be available at the end of this month or at least, begin of the next month. And of course you can PM :)

Filter : It shall be available by default all pixijs filters from the documentation
    RGBSplitFilter

[​IMG]

dragonx777 likes this.