fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using Yanfly State Categories and I have problems with making a unit immune to a state category. For example if I want to make a boss immune to stuns I must manually make the monster be immune to hundreds of states and that is out of the question. But I must simply do something about it.

Is there a plugin or something that enables ''Immune to X category'' option. I think that would help a lot of game makers.

If you have any other ideas and solutions for this problem, please give me a hand.

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm just trying to understand why you have so many stun states when all your stun skills could just reference one state?

As for making a unit immune to a state category, that would probably require either a plugin mod or a small plugin coded to enable that feature.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just trying to understand why you have so many stun states when all your stun skills could just reference one state?

As for making a unit immune to a state category, that would probably require either a plugin mod or a small plugin coded to enable that feature.
Maybe each stun state has different turns, but after all they are still stun. That's the reason why he has more than 1 stun state. I have also been thinking of this. Cannot use 1 stun state with the same turns to all skills because some skills will break game balance. Unfortunately, there haven't been any method for this.

fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Johnboy that was just an example. Ok then let me say DoT's since it can be burn, drown, poison, corruption and so many DoT's and I intend a monster that is immune to all of it. The point still stands.

Well if we are specifically talking about my own game all statuses differ from one another. So the effects mainly are character or enemy exclusive. For example a burn effect might be your usual burn but a burn from a different source may be much different. There will be enemies that burn you for reducing your fire resistance or another enemy which needs to be stacked for maximum damage but otherwise will not give you a fire weakness.

Now if you say, there is an accessory that protects against fire statuses then the said accessory would prevent all of it and the same can be said about fire shields that solely aim to prevent statuses coming from those sources. I cannot even tell all the situations where you would find this option particularly useful, there are just so many.

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fair enough. What you might consider doing in that case is use auto passive states and state categories, give all your bosses an auto-passive state called "Boss" and then in each of your states, you would use some lunatic code so that if the target is affected by the "Boss" state, the state is not applied. It's not the perfect solution but at least you could copy/paste the code to each state and set an auto-passive state on the notebox of each boss. As for the best way to code it, I'm not great at js so unfortunately someone else may have to help you with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timiti