RMMV Implementing a 3-Layer Side-Scrolling Mechanic

Germelshausen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know exactly how to word this, so please forgive my accursed descriptive skills.
I've got the general gist of how to lock the player to only move left or right, but I'm at a loss how to implement a way for the Background and Foreground to scroll in the same manner as the Middle Ground, but the Background scrolls slower whereas the Foreground scrolls faster.
I really don't know how else to describe it, so I've included a quick sketch of what I've got in mind. The three layers would overlap one another to the viewer, but as the player moves each layer scrolls at a different pace to give the impression of depth as opposed to a single static image.
New canvas.png

My question is, how would you implement this sort of mechanic in RPGM MV? I'm a RPGMaker illiterate when it comes to these sort of things.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'll gladly sacrifice a fish as an offering to the Eldritch deity of your choice!
-Cheers!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

By default you can only have one parallax image per map, and it can only scroll in one direction and at a set speed. So you will need a plugin to allow multiple parallaxes, and to let them scroll in different directions and at different speeds.

Germelshausen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]

By default you can only have one parallax image per map, and it can only scroll in one direction and at a set speed. So you will need a plugin to allow multiple parallaxes, and to let them scroll in different directions and at different speeds.
Ach! My apologies, wasn't entirely where to properly post the thread.
Parallax! That's the word I couldn't remember. It's unfortunate the default doesn't allow more than one, but nothing that can't be fixed. You have my thanks for clearing that up. :)

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-weather-ex/

Mogg's sample project has an example of doing what you want using his weather plugin.
Oh, that's a great find! Many thanks for the tip IV. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on some ABS team A.I. for 'A New Suburbia', and thought I'd share.

I'm generally quite please although the AI is a little grenade heavy right now :rolleyes: - Sneaking and stalking next! Please excuse the terrible map... it was just for ease of viewing!
Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!
Oh, I was just confirmed I'll be doing small online classes during june - july, on one side I'm nervous and looking forward it, on the other one: I've became the very thing I swore to destroy. :kaodes:
Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlsgp0712