Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have armor pieces that give you certain skills when equipped. I'd like to implement battle cries manually.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO ACHIEVE...
-Battle cries playing appropriately depending on which actor is attacking using the same skill.

HOW I'M BREAKING IT DOWN...
-During battles, I want this skill to detect which actor is currently attacking with the current skill. (I use Action Sequences by Yanfly)
Below shows what I believe needs to be done...
*Actor 1 uses Skill X

*Skill X Action Sequence enables a variable to select the right sound, so variable play_sound is set to 1. Skill X then runs Common Event 1 which detects which actor is currently using Skill X

*Common Event 1 identifies the actor and runs Common Event 2

*Common Event 2 checks which variable is enabled, then plays the appropriate sound and disables the variable.

Items marked in red are what I am having trouble doing...

How do I check which actor (whos turn it is) is currently attacking with Skill X.
This way if actor 1 uses Skill X, it plays a sound, next actor 2 attacks, Skill X detects which actor is attacking and plays the appropriate sounds. Actor 3 then attacks, and so on until the end of the turn.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try making a separate almost identical skill for each character, name each skill the same, and have the equipment give the corresponding skill when a particular character wears it. To the player, it seems like the same skill with different battle cries when in reality it's a different skill altogether that's designed the same way except for the battle cries.

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Somewhat, except I want a skill to play 2-4 different sounds.

You could try making a separate almost identical skill for each character, name each skill the same, and have the equipment give the corresponding skill when a particular character wears it. To the player, it seems like the same skill with different battle cries when in reality it's a different skill altogether that's designed the same way except for the battle cries.
Problem is the certain armor equips certain skills. Crafting these armor pieces are expensive and meant to be shared, plus I have about 30 skills, I don't want to create 120 just because of some sound files...

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can use eval in an action sequence to commit the user of the skills' actorId to a variable and then use the common event to play the sound... of even an if condition inside the action sequence to use the playsound action sequence command too.

eval: $gameVariables.setValue(X, user.actorId())

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can use eval in an action sequence to commit the user of the skills' actorId to a variable and then use the common event to play the sound... of even an if condition inside the action sequence to use the playsound action sequence command too.

eval: $gameVariables.setValue(X, user.actorId())
Please explain, I'm confused...

*Edit*
Amazing, does exactly what I need it to do.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor