Solovei

Has approximate knowledge of many things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like some help with implementing a skill - when used, it would allow the character to completely negate the effects of the next attack that targets them. However, I would like it to only be usable once per encounter.

My thinking was that the skill would add a State to that character, but I'm not sure how exactly to translate my desired effects into RMMV terms. Is this a matter if increasing Evasion, or adding a bunch of Ex-Parameters to the state?

The other way I thought I could do this is making a switch that would reset at the end of battle, but I'm not sure if those can be integrated with the combat system without plugins.

Thanks!

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd like some help with implementing a skill - when used, it would allow the character to completely negate the effects of the next attack that targets them. However, I would like it to only be usable once per encounter.

My thinking was that the skill would add a State to that character, but I'm not sure how exactly to translate my desired effects into RMMV terms. Is this a matter if increasing Evasion, or adding a bunch of Ex-Parameters to the state?

The other way I thought I could do this is making a switch that would reset at the end of battle, but I'm not sure if those can be integrated with the combat system without plugins.

Thanks!
I think you could use Yanfly's Cooldown plugin if you're using MV to get the effect of once per battle.

auradev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Thanks!
No plugin solution:

1. Upon using the skill give the user a state with +999% Evasion and make sure there are no "Certain Hit" type skills. Also unlearn the skill.
2. At the end of battle, set a flag.
3. Make a common event with that flag as execution condition. Relearn the skill and set the flag to false.

Alternatively, you could also make a special skill type just for that one skill and then also add a state until end of battle that seals that skill type.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Solovei I moved your post (and @Silenity's & @auradev's answers) to its own thread in MV Support, since you're asking more about how to actually implement, instead of just discussing the idea.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoiceWithACause