Implosion Sequence (REISSUED 2018-11-8 WITH RTP ASSET BASE)

Discussion in 'General Resources' started by BreakerZero, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    FIRST, AN IMPORTANT NOTE: I WAS ESSENTIALLY FORCED TO REDACT THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THIS CONTRIBUTION ON 2018-07-28 UNDER SUSPICION OF AN UNAUTHORIZED CONTENT RIP AS FURTHER CORROBORATED ON 2018-08-14. OBVIOUSLY I REGRET THAT ERRONEOUS RELEASE AND I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE FOLLOWED UP IN ACCORDANCE WITH FORUM POLICY AND DESTROYED ALL COPIES OF THE ORIGINAL BY NOW.

With that outta my way, I have created an implosion sequence overlay for my project that kicks in during an automated destruction sequence triggered during the endgame between a traditional shape-shifting encounter and the final surprise when you least expect it. And it will be provided for common use subject to the same conditions as other RTP-based content so it's guaranteed safe (for MV users primarily).

Additionally, when I did the (now-redacted) original I placed everything one piece after the next using PowerPoint and so for the rework I ended up doing the same thing for simplicity. The placements this time relevant to stripping chromakey from the PNG output were a bit more complicated than with the fancy-pants original I had to retire for reasons explained herein so I had to go piecemeal a second time in paint.net (though GIMP should also produce some effective results on macOS/Ubuntu if that's what you require).

Anyway, the resulting package is attached below. As I said, it is a reissue off RTP assets so if you're registered for MV you're good, maybe VX Ace which I migrated from midway through Q1 of my project's development. For any other maker, I would defer accordingly. And as a final note: please follow all standard RTP procedures and use this with RMMV, RMVXAce, etc. and nothing else. NOTHING.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Would be nice if you can animate by hand!

3. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would certainly be worthwhile though I personally know not where to start and am not 100% on where to begin.

Also forgot to mention but credit where due please. Second, I don't give a beef whether commercial or otherwise so no restrictions there. Also the fireball design itself is credited to SgtFluffz per the source animation put to sequence by Arjun Sharma (should be okay I think, the multiplicity is the part I did).

EDIT 2018-11-08: The preceding notice applies only to the original, redacted version of this contribution.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  4. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @BreakerZero So you didn't make the fireball? In that case, you need to find the original terms so that we can be sure that the creator is okay with edits and reposting (and if commercial use is okay, even if you're fine with it the original creator has to okay it as well).

5. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hence my original disclaimer. Not 100% sure as it didn't say on the YouTube source specifically. Any concerns or confusion and I can obviously withdraw so pending an alternate opinion I'm gonna hold off for now.

6. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The content has now been redacted pending special opinion as I am unsure how to proceed given rules, relations and the uncertain. Beyond the obvious request for the immediate destruction of any deployment using the affected content, I will have no further comment on this matter and request this case to be closed.

Thank you for your understanding, and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  7. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The matter here has now been permanently closed. As research on the YouTube resource in the time since my first posting (and the initial cautionary withdrawal on 28 July) suggests a link to the game series "Metal Slug" (and by extension the "content rip" dissuasion) I am closing this topic permanently, planning to locate now using replacement assets and requesting a formal shutdown thereof. Again, in light of this and as previously requested DO NOT under any circumstance use the original, offending assets if you still have them. As a formal closure has not yet been issued (and I have just recently picked up advice on such notifications) I will be closing this subject with the final, RTP-based version that I have migrated to as of 2018-11-08 and which is now available for anyone to use, formally replacing the offending version and necessitating the need to officially request an "end of subject" now that I have finalized the replacement sequence roll (which is being posted for anyone to use like I did back when the original, redacted version was still in play).

8. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    An unplanned update to share on this subject. As I begin to move into the paywall phase of the project for which the sequence in question is a part of the process of advancing the endgame, I have finished building out a new version of the implosion sequence asset to finally move past the logistical limitations of the original and thereby utilize a content-safe version in both the final product and the issuance of an early access release for when I have everything fully connected. As before it is available to to the community for use by anyone, provided that you can reasonably use the respective source assets. Based on version levels you'll want either VX Ace or MV (and preferably MV) before using this, and by extension it's cleared for any and all RPG Maker projects. In other words, I will not bar use of the new sequence pattern from commercial products for as long as you follow RTP guidelines.

Additionally, there is no need for any discussion on this now that a content-safe reissue has been provided. In the event that any fixes to asset deliverance may be applied, I have also attached the reissued version by link to allow for simplified updates in the event of any extensions and/or error fixes so that the latest version will always be available from the point of issuance. Essentially this means that any further notices here are both redundant and unnecessary so I am finally ready to move on from this subject and provide this resource to the community again.

(EDITED 2018-11-08 WITHIN 1500 HOURS CST AND 2018-11-09 WITHIN 1500 HOURS CST FOR CLARIFICATION AND ACCURACY PURPOSES, AND ALSO FURTHER UPDATED 2018-08-09 WITHIN 1800 HOURS CST RELEVANT TO FINAL AVAILABILITY OF THE REISSUED ASSET PACKAGE)

9. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Closed at OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.