Import Blender Rendered Images? (outlined image after selecting alpha channel)

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am trying to get help specific to my problem. I use Blender to model and create graphics. My problem is , when I edit my pictures and import them, then select the alpha layer, their is still a rigid outline of the BG color around the image. Lets say I create a character and export the image, and place in inside a battle animation PNG. When I select the BG color (or transparent layer) Their is always an outline of the BG color around the image, and beyond that is changed to alpha 100%. Are my resolution settings possibly the error? Colors settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sura_tc

Loner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Other
I use blender to create custom sprites and titlesets for my games and I've never run into that issue.

Can you show me an example?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have to select a transparency color, then your picture does not contain a native alpha channels - and PNG does have that option.

I suggest looking for a way to store the render as a true PNG with native alpha channels, because the color replacement selection is always suboptimal.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
look into alpha pre-multiplication.
I don't know what's the Blender term for that.

I use 3dstudio and had the same problem, a 1-pixel dark outline around transparent images.

sura_tc

Loner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Other
Default blender PNG does true alpha channel. I never needed to tinker with the setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Rylo