Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey friends,

im new here sorry.
I googled already but i "loose" now with a very simple thing.

Im currently working on our intro. And for our story telling i want show pictures (simply pictures we created - not related to chars or system, just a picture for example about a house with lake). But after using ressource manager and chooling "pictures" i cannot show or find that picture.

My Event is simple. It starts automatically and should show that imported picture. In Ressource Manager i can see it, but when i go on Show Picture Event it is not here. I tried also with PNG but nothing. It should be so easy, what i do wrong?

Thanks for help
AL

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the name of the file?

all files have to follow networking rules or they are unusable in HTML5-based games.
And the editor filters that - if you had for example spaces (or other forbidden letters) in your filename, then the picture will not be listed in the editor or in the resource manager.

other possible causes are that you might have imported into the wrong folder, that you might have used the wrong file format or that you need to restart the editor to register the new files.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Exactly like Andar said. There's also a chance you might have posted it in the system it self instead of the Project.

Just in case, Click on the project file (Not the system file), look for file "img" and then click on Picture. There you should see it. And as far as I know, make sure it's a PNG picture.

1602272381777.png
1602272451972.png

alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Guys,

first of all sorry for my late answer. Thanks to you guys for that help!
Obviosly i did the misstake with the name of that file. Now I imported it and it works and i can show that pic. In the old rpg maker he wanted after the import direclty the transparency configured, but here not. Can i make the background (is complete white) transparent afterwards? Sorry for my noobie questions

I appreciate your help
Thanks a lot

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Hey Guys,

first of all sorry for my late answer. Thanks to you guys for that help!
Obviosly i did the misstake with the name of that file. Now I imported it and it works and i can show that pic. In the old rpg maker he wanted after the import direclty the transparency configured, but here not. Can i make the background (is complete white) transparent afterwards? Sorry for my noobie questions

I appreciate your help
Thanks a lot
by default you cannot do that in MV and MZ.
that feature lost AFTER Ace i think...

some trick if you did not have ability of image editing and you own RPG Maker VX ACE is by importing the image on ACE... set the transparency... then export it... then use the exported image in MV/MZ...
the info is from this thread
i did not try it myself though.

hope this help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the old rpg maker he wanted after the import direclty the transparency configured
color transparency like that was a bad (resource-intensive) workaround for picture formats that have no native transparency channel. However PNG has native transparency, so you basically should make them transparent before importing them.

Do not use MS Paint at all for this - MS Paint does not support transparency and saving any transparent PNG with MS Paint turns the background white.
If you have such a picture where the transparency has been destroyed, you'll need a better image program like GIMP or Photoshop. Then do the following steps:
1) make a new image with background set to transparent.
2) import the picture that is missing transparency as a new layer into it
3) delete the parts that should become transparent on the imported layer (usually using special selection tools to make thing easier)
4) save the result as png with transparency.

alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks a lot Guys. You helped me out!
I appreciate!

Kind Regards

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria