Import of Pictures to Tilesets

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Lokana, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Lokana

Lokana Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I want to make 3x3 tiles on the floor of QR codes to scan in my game I'm currently working on in VXAce. I tested it to be sure that size works, and it does, but the bigger concern right now is that I can't get the QR codes to line up correctly so that there's no blank space. There's a total of 25 codes, and I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!

2. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about here. This is the resource request, what kind of resource are you requesting exactly?

3. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I may be wrong... but here's how I see it.

1) Take a QR code. Square ratio.

2) Divide it into 9 equal squares (3x3 grid)

3) Ensure that the edges that touch each other have no space whatsoever (as this would make the codes unscannable)

As far as why this is in Resource Requests.... I have no idea.

It seems easy enough though. Get QR code, scale to 96x96, overlay with a 32x32 grid and crop along the grid to give 9 equal parts. Then add those 9 tiles into a set and tile them.

To use 25 QR codes though... at 3x3 tiles... is a little crazy. Each code would be 9 tiles. 9x25 = 225 individual tiles. It'll be fun setting that up :p

Edit: To Clarify a bit

Take your QR code, and open it in GIMP or some other photo-editing software.

Scale it to 96x96 pixels (hopefully this doesn't distort the code... may have to do touch-ups to each tile)

Make a grid (32x32) over the code and take crop out each section of the grid and save it as it's own image. These will be your tiles. Be pixel perfect or else it may mess up the code!

Then, using Resource Manager in RM, import them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  4. Lokana

Lokana Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ok, thanks! I've got it working now. Sorry, I just suck at the graphics part of game design. And @ Celiana, are you asking what QR is or what I was asking for? I was asking for help exporting QR's to tilesets. And QR's are the boxy bar codes that iPhone and Smart Phones can scan.

As to the amount of tiles... Yeah, I know. I ended up splitting the giant dungeon the whole chapter takes place in into smaller areas so that I could fit them all in, LOL!

5. Celianna

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ahh, that thing. Well, unless you're asking for someone to do it for you, this is not really a resource request.

Why don't you make a spriteset out of it? Then you don't have to worry about the things fitting in the tileset precisely at all. You can even have 12 different codes in one spriteset, which makes things a lot easier and organized.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  6. Lokana

Lokana Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    That's actually a really good idea. Thanks! And I was either looking for someone to do the tile placing or help me figure out how to do it. So I guess it was a half-resource request, if you want to look at it that way.

7. Celianna

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Either way, just make sure all cells are the same size (3 columns, 4 rows), and put $ in front of the filename :)